laundry!

bright eyed said:
oh, i used to think of you as so evolved :eek:
. . .
CFB? evolved? :confused: You haven't really been paying attention, have you? :D

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I simplified the matter. I put a pair her fuzzy pink slippers into the dryer with all her black scrub pants. Then looked mystified at the results.

When that wasnt fully effective, I threw a bunch of her unmentionables into the washing machine and then while I had her attention, grabbed the bleach bottle and prepared what would have been the mother of all massive bleach pourings.

I dont have to do the laundry anymore.

What am i doing wrong? I am really good about washing either colors (all) or whites. White get max hot and enough bleach to make the whole house smell fresh; colors get no bleach and slightly less hot water. Her clothes sometimes come out of the full hot dryer looking like they would fit a Barbie doll. She persists in trying to teach me arcane things about wool and saturated colors and tensil cloth and overloading (efficient stuffing of the dryer). This while she makes the eggregious error of washing her red anything with my white socks.

we can start a poll on that one :D

i think it was the cooking that distracted me.

i asked SO to make me soup once when i was sick, got a watery mess - i asked him what happened (it was canned soup) - he had added water to a can of non-condensed soup... ::) but now i wonder if he was just taking CFB's sabotage approach...

bright eyed said:
was that in the prenup? :eek:

No prenup, but we never argue about it so it appears to be working for both of us.

Like CFB if I was ever pushed into a corner I would simply throw my wife's Underarmor or lingerie into the dryer and I would be forever relieved of those duties once again.

bright eyed said:

i asked SO to make me soup once when i was sick, got a watery mess - i asked him what happened (it was canned soup) - he had added water to a can of non-condensed soup... ::) but now i wonder if he was just taking CFB's sabotage approach...

Men aren't as dumb as they seem... sabotage...

bright eyed said:

using that strategy at the office :

http://tinyurl.com/27zsrq

bright eyed said:
oh, i used to think of you as so evolved :eek:

at least you cook :LOL:

I cook, clean and fix things!

Evolved? Eh, maybe not so much.

I just hate doing laundry and dishes. :p According to the heap o' clothes in the closet on the floor and the general disarray in the garage and workshed, it seems to have something to do with a failure to want to put things away.

As far as sabotage, I like to think of it more as selective incompetence.

I do all the laundry for me and my husband and 2 sons, 20 and 22. I work part time and they all work full time or go to college. I've always enjoyed laundry, but ironing drives me bonkers, it's really the only time swear words come out of me. So there's no ironing.

I do a couple of loads during the week as needed, but most of it is on the weekends, when everyone's weekday work attire is not being used. I would love to have one of the new front loading machines but the old Maytag is still running just fine.

We have a clothes chute that runs through both bathrooms and ends up in a hamper in the basement. I know when that's overflowing because we have a cat who hunts down dirty socks and brings them back upstairs for us.

Here he is in action -

http://i18.tinypic.com/2v0k5ys.jpg

and this is one morning's results -

http://i12.tinypic.com/4h8ur94.jpg

NinjaPigeon said:
I'm single. I bought enough clothes to last me two weeks. Then I figure I get several wears out of each pair of pants ;) So I do laundry anywhere from two weeks to 3 weeks or until I spill on myself.

Ditto! Investment in inventory (read: buy more undies and socks) helps to optimize energy costs and put off the laundry even longer!

:D

Man... it all hit this weekend... 7 loads... but will not have to do anything for more than a month when finished..

Got to go to the dryer....

we used to save it all up so we could feel "finished" but that never lasted long enough before we had to start all over again.

now we just throw a load in whenever we leave the house or come back in...

either way, folding and putting away haven't gotten properly incorporated in any way! :LOL: :-\ :-[ :-X

Single. Local wash and fold each week about $14.00.
Works for me !!

boots said:
Single. Local wash and fold each week about $14.00.
Works for me !!

OR... $728 per year... for us 'cheap' people who look at annual costs!!!

might not be that bad though....

"If it stays in the hamper long enough, it's clean again."

Elaine Boosler

Back
Top Bottom