Math teacher arrested

farmerEd

Full time employment: Posting here.
At New York's Kennedy airport today, an individual later discovered to be a public school teacher was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a setsquare, a slide rule, and a calculator. At a morning press conference, The US attorney general said he believes the man is a member of the notorious al-gebra movement. He is being charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of mathinstruction.

Al-gebra is a fearsome cult, the attorney general said. "They desire average solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute values. They use secret code names like 'x' and'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'there are 3 sides to every triangle'."

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

It's about damnn time that we round up these bastards and do a number on them.

We may never know how many lives will be spared by this timley police action.

Thanks you so much for providing us with this timely alert.

I hope they arrest the d*mn guy that is making schools teach geo-metry. Why do I have to prove everything? :-X Sorry had flashback of 9th grade.

Arif said:
I hope they arrest the d*mn guy that is making schools teach geo-metry. Why do I have to prove everything?

hadn't you thought you needed to learn everything they taught, you might have relied simply on negative proof and been satisfied with what was left.

when in doubt, indulge your inner skeptic.

Back
Top Bottom