Most Passionate Songs Ever

YouTube - Chet Baker "Almost Blue" (complete video)

Almost blue
Almost doing things we used to do
There's a girl here and she's almost you
Almost
All the things you promised with your eyes
I see in hers too
Now your eyes are red from crying

Almost blue
Flirting with this disaster became me
It named me as the fool who only aimed to be

Almost blue
Almost touching it will almost do
There's a part of me that's always true... always

All the things that you promised with your eyes
I see in hers too
Now your eyes are red from crying

Almost you

Almost me

Almost blue

There's a deep part of our hearts and souls songs like this touch.

watch

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...

Even Cristina Aguilera could not ruin this anthem.

Ha

Between that and "As Time Goes By", it shows that "Casablanca" is still one of the greatest movies of all time, not only in acting and story, but in music as well.

Huey just turned 61. Wonder if he's ER'd. Haven't heard much from him in years. I know it's unfair, but I often think those blessed with such a gift as (in this case) Huey has should never retire - as long as they can continue to inspire audiences. Still, I wish him all the best for the joy he brought to DW and I in younger days. Still pull out his CDs occasionally. Saw him in concert at the height of the SPORTS tour and later for the FORE tour. Sounded as good on stage (maybe better) as the studio albums. Just amazing musicians - having fun!

Tickets - less than $20 for each tour. Unbelievable!

As far as genre's go, I think Qawwali music has passion as one
of it's essential elements.

Here's an interesting link that talk's about it a bit before showing a segment
of the Sabri brothers qawwali troup. It's not your conventional western stuff,
but if you give it a chance, it's pretty interesting and inspiring music.

YouTube - ‪Qawwali: The Sabri Brothers‬‏

Here's one of my favorites on amazon if you end up being interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Pakistan-Vocal-Art-Sufis-2/dp/B000003MPG

Huey just turned 61. Wonder if he's ER'd. Haven't heard much from him in years. I know it's unfair, but I often think those blessed with such a gift as (in this case) Huey has should never retire - as long as they can continue to inspire audiences. Still, I wish him all the best for the joy he brought to DW and I in younger days. Still pull out his CDs occasionally. Saw him in concert at the height of the SPORTS tour and later for the FORE tour. Sounded as good on stage (maybe better) as the studio albums. Just amazing musicians - having fun!

Tickets - less than $20 for each tour. Unbelievable!
I'm there with ya Koolau. :greetings10: Love Huey...saw him in concert when I lived in St. Louis...in the late 80's. Man, what a concert. Here's another fave of mine....

YouTube - ‪Huey Lewis and the News - The heart of rock & roll‬‏

Here's one I sing along with to my wife:

[youtube]m6a4RznX-fc[/youtube]

‪Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves A Woman‬‏ - YouTube

"When a Man Loves a Woman" is a song recorded by Percy Sledge in 1966.
Before the recording session, the song had no title or lyrics. Sledge improvised the lyrics with minimal pre-planning. The song is credited to Calvin Lewis and Andrew Wright, who played bass and keyboards with Sledge. However, the song was in fact written by Percy Sledge himself, but he gave it to Lewis and Wright.

"When a Man Loves a Woman" is a song recorded by Percy Sledge in 1966.
Before the recording session, the song had no title or lyrics. Sledge improvised the lyrics with minimal pre-planning.
I got as far as "improvised" and this song popped into my mind. Richie Havens was the opening act at Woodstock. At the end of the set he was asked to go back onstage because everything wasn't ready for the next act. He and his band had already played everything they had prepared so he improvised on the lyrics of a traditional slave era song.

Video is from the Woodstock documentary. Watch and listen to the other band members as they figure out how they can contribute.

‪Richie Havens, Freedom, (Woodstock)‬‏ - YouTube

'

Back
Top Bottom