Moving to a new location because of heart disease?

FANOFJESUS

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Moving to a new location to reduce heart disease.
Have any of you done this? This map started to get me think about it.

Attachments

• HEART DISEASE.gif
    HEART DISEASE.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
How much of this variation is due to lifestyle, and if you moved, would your lifestyle change?

Way too many other factors - age of population, % who smoke, etc. - to base relocating due to a single disease factor. Now show me a map of injuries due to bungee jumping accidents or chigger bites and I might reconsider. :)

Sorry Michael I made it clearer. Moving to a new location to reduce heart disease.

Could humidity be a factor? Most of the high rate areas also have high humidity.

Moving to a new location to reduce heart disease.
Moving, and maintaining movement, is, among other things, generally advised for those wishing to avoid heart problems.

Oh. Thanks for the clarification. Meadbh has a good point. If it is diet and lifestyle it doesn't matter where you live, and if you move and bring along your bad habits, heat disease comes right along.

Wow. DC has the lowest rate of heart disease? Must be that steady diet of bull$hit...

I could move to the moon in order to reduce my weight :LOL: ...

I don't think I would move, just based upon some article or current "research". There's just too many variables (both environmental and lifestyle) that enter into the picture.

What you see by your caption are the results, not the causes...

Could humidity be a factor? Most of the high rate areas also have high humidity.

Maybe it's because in the south we eat lots of fried food, drink gallons of sweet tea, and drive everywhere because it is hotter than Hades.:)

The strange thing is most of the good areas on the map border each other. That leads me to think it has something to do with climate.

This is a bunch of buck! I could also move to Okinawa. Their life style
and diet would allow me to live to 100. You believe that? It's how you take care of yourself and not where you live. There are so many contributing factors it would be hard to determine best location. Italy? Red wine is the save all. Get real!

Maybe I am way of base Johnnie36 but I think the american lifestyle does not change that much from state to state.

An alternative hypothesis might be that people who already have heart disease tend to move to the southeast. Try controlling for that...

Too late. Whatever effects location might have have already done their dirty work. Moving now won't save or kill you.

Too late. Whatever effects location might have have already done their dirty work. Moving now won't save or kill you.

We moved from a low heart disease area to a high one. I guess that means we're safe. Good. Now I can have something fried for dinner.

An alternative hypothesis might be that people who already have heart disease tend to move to the southeast. Try controlling for that...
+1
try shoveling snow with a bad heart. I heard a lot of talk, back in PA, about moving to Arizona for the dry heat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom