My 9000th post, and a goodbye from posting.......

Maybe we should have a contest to guess why Finance Dude is leaving ? I already mentioned my Sarah P. theory or it could be because his work is cracking down on non work related Internet usage or he is having a s-- change so he would not be a Dude anymore . He'd be a dudette ? Anyway enter your best guesses and the hall monitors ( the moderators ) will supply a suitable prize like a week in Texas in August .

Did he live in California? Not one of these guys, I hope.

FDude...I know you're biting your lip trying to keep from replying to this thread...now aren't ya? >:D Hmmmmmmm....? :angel:

Ahhh gosh...:blush:

Ehh, I'll probably hang around for a while. I'm just like a bad penny...I keep turning up....:greetings10:
We all will have to hang around to keep up with your avatars. Let's see, the last one was a hairy male rear, and this one is a bust?

We all will have to hang around to keep up with your avatars. Let's see, the last one was a hairy male rear, and this one is a bust?
Yeah...it just gives us sumpin' to live for, don't it? :LOL:

(by the way, I think I'm gonna buy that nice piece of leather)

Yeah...it just gives us sumpin' to live for, don't it? :LOL:

(by the way, I think I'm gonna buy that nice piece of leather)

Yuppers! bbbamI, you do like the unusual avatars and like to change them up frequently. Perhaps we need a contest to find your next one!

Yuppers! bbbamI, you do like the unusual avatars and like to change them up frequently. Perhaps we need a contest to find your next one!
Hey...let 'er rip! Three weeks in TX in August for the winner! But, be careful...I'm the shy one. :blush:...........:ROFLMAO:

See what you started Scott....;)

I can think of 2 reasons, if one doesn't buy FD self-proclaimed reason that he ran out of things to say:

1) FD felt postings in this forum were getting a bit dull, and wanted to incite some excitement.

2) The Dow crossed the 9000 benchmark, which was also his post count. FD's recent viewpoint on the stock market appeared a bit bearish,and he would post again if the Dow crossed 9000 on the way down. If so, being a bull, I am torn between seeing him go and seeing the Dow crashes again. No, FD, you should take on a different challenge: to outpost the Dow as it climbs! I would cheer you on.

FD is to the right of me on the political scale, but I miss his presence as a counterweight to the liberals here. Yes, even as the soapbox is already closed.

About LZG4N's disappearance, being a new member here, some time ago I went and read his old posts, and found that he deleted his photos stored on an external site that he linked to. That meant a deliberate action on his part. That is sad. Why LZ? Why?

There's lots and lots of reasons FD might be shutting off the spigot, ranging from external constraints, to personal reasons, to a feeling that he was not getting what he wanted out of the forum. Personally, I post less these days because I have a job at a place there is no way on earth I would ever be comfy posting, although they do not restrict me from the site.

As for lazy, I really do not know. Really nice guy whose retirement plan kind of went down the tubes. Maybe he is too busy living life. Maybe he was pestered by an anti-gay stalker. Maybe he just does not want a daily reminder of how his retirement blew up. But I miss him and wish he were around again.

I always enjoyed Lazy's posts as he was so different from myself that I found it interesting to see life from his point of view. Particularly enjoyed his cycling excursions with attached photos.

I always enjoyed Lazy's posts as he was so different from myself that I found it interesting to see life from his point of view. Particularly enjoyed his cycling excursions with attached photos.

Yes, and thanks to CuppaJoe for posting those links to his last posts. I actually did check on his "view posts" link to see what was up when his posts dropped off, but that was before those last ones, and then I missed those.

I was actually concerned that things did not go well with meeting up with his Father after so long, but it sounds like that went OK, good for him.

He definitively brought some unique perspectives to the forum - he had some real insight. I'd like to hear an update from him. No shame in needing to change plans. As many of us have said, if you want 100% portfolio success you work until you die. Most of us are taking some chances, but feel the reward is worth it. It isn't going to work out for all of us.

One of these days I'm going to put his hints together to figure out which popular composer he was related to. Shouldn't be hard to do based on the clues so far, more a process of elimination.

-ERD50

He definitively brought some unique perspectives to the forum - he had some real insight. I'd like to hear an update from him.

I especially appreciated his spiritual/philosophical perspectives.

Maybe he just does not want a daily reminder of how his retirement blew up.

That's the most likely reason. He could not sell his mother's house that he inherited, he had to find work, and his partner died. Before he left, his last posts were bitter. Then, he appeared to try to erase as much as possible any of his traces in this forum. That is sad. I remember one post where he ranted about the Protestant work ethics that he lost, and tried to regain. Maybe he blamed us for the "bad influence".

Anyway, I do not know any gay or lesbian in life, so wanted to know more about him. I first found LG4NB's posts interesting after reading about his love of his dying mother, and like DM, wanted to read about his view of the world.

I miss Lazy too!

I miss Lazy's pictures of Florida . He always made me want to take pictures of Sarasota but so far I failed him .

Then, he appeared to try to erase as much as possible any of his traces in this forum. That is sad.

It might not be intentional. I assume you are talking about the photos, they put a time limit on editing posts a while back. The photos are linked to an off-site photo sharing place. At some point people decide to close the account or change access privileges, or even just lose their password or something. I see it often on other forums. People make a change and they are not thinking about the links to some forum they no longer access.

But it is sad that we don't have the photos any more - some real gems in there.

-ERD50

But it is sad that we don't have the photos any more - some real gems in there. ....

I did a photo essay of what it was like to work at my last job. This is what was up on the screen that day, May 16, 2008, all are Lazy’s photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 0
More of Lazy’s photos from May 16, 2008. Love the last one, what path are you on today, Lazy?

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Cuppajoe: I loved Lazy's pics. He often included funny and insightful comments.

That seems close to impossible. You perhaps are not very perceptive?

Ha

No, I am not. Growing up as a nerd, as I age, I mostly transformed into a geek. I spend more time reading than meeting people.

No, I am not. Growing up as a nerd, as I age, I mostly transformed into a geek. I spend more time reading than meeting people.

Also in some parts of the country it is more customary for gays to be "out" and to let you know that they are gay, than in others. Here in New Orleans people could care less if someone is gay or not so it is no big deal, but in some areas it might be more hush-hush.

I too miss Lazy and I worry about him. He seemed depressed at times and I just hope he is OK.

Also in some parts of the country it is more customary for gays to be "out" and to let you know that they are gay, than in others. Here in New Orleans people could care less if someone is gay or not so it is no big deal, but in some areas it might be more hush-hush.

As in my little town.

Back
Top Bottom