My business partner is more moody than a woman!

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
And it drives me crazy!!! Every 2 weeks or so (must be his cycle) he gets into a wierd mood for no apparent reason, and we don't talk much or at all during the day. When he does talk, its with sarcasm/attitude. At the end of the day, he'll get out of the work van, grab his stuff, and walk off without even a good-bye.

The next time we see each other, he'll be normal...sorta...until I finally ask "So WTF was your problem yesterday" Sometimes its nothing, others it a complaint he isn't man enough to speak up about. ususally stems back to jealousy, IMHO. I own 2 of the 3 business we work together in...and he doesnt think he gets his fair share blah blah blah (he's OVER paid if anything). I have a home, savings, stable/sane homelife with a "wife" and kids etc....he has a semi-crazy girl who he lives with rent-free - she has 2 kids by her ex that drive him crazy etc

If I wanted to work with a moody S.O.B. I woulda kept it in the family and hired the fiance!!!

The problem is, he is my best friend...although I sometimes question " If it weren't for the $$ and financial situations, would he be around? most likely not" Regardless, Im not willing to give up my only friend because of this, but sometimes I just want to wash my hands of the entire situation and move on. BUT, like I said, i'm just about friendless (long story short: ALL of my 'friends' were acquired while I was a mid-upper level dealer of sorts, and as soon as the proverbial $h!t hit the fan, all but 2 of 100+ 'friends' I had disappeared....I basically spent my years from age 15-23 cultivating meaningless relationships)

anyway, that's my sob story. boohoo for me

If I wanted to work with a moody S.O.B. I woulda kept it in the family and hired the fiance!!!
Wow, if that is how you really feel, should this person be your fiance? I know that is not the point of your thread, but it is what stood out for me. I hope that your moody S.O.B. fiance does not read this. Maybe, hopefully, this part was just a joke.

Your partner might be having bad days due to his family situation and things that happened the night before at home. Anyway, hope that the situation improves for you.

Wow, if that is how you really feel, should this person be your fiance? I know that is not the point of your thread, but it is what stood out for me. I hope that your moody S.O.B. fiance does not read this. Maybe, hopefully, this part was just a joke.

Your partner might be having bad days due to his family situation and things that happened the night before at home. Anyway, hope that the situation improves for you.

yes, that comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. some of you may remember that myfiance is pregnant, and thus, very moody! the "SOB" part was intended solely for my partner

If he's your only friend, it's time to make additional friends.

If you've known him a while and he's always been moody, he might not be capable of changing. So you might have to accept him as he is or end the business partnership if his moodiness really is driving you crazy. (Does his moodiness extend to customers? --> not good for business.) Of course, terminating the partnership will most likely mean the end of your friendship, too.

If his moodiness around you is new, then you could try to find out the reason(s) but it seems you already ascribe it to some envy of your new success. I guess the extent to which you want to help him (like giving him advice or listening to him vent, etc.) will depend on how much you value his friendship, but in the end, only he can really change his attitude.

BTW, re: your post title--moodiness is not an exclusive female trait. Some men who cannot express themselves well have quite the moods, or rather that is how they express themselves when they are not feeling quite right: by being moody.

Edited to add: After reading your post about your pregnant fiance, I take less umbrage at your post title. Still, not all women are pregnant (and "thus, very moody").

Last edited:
TheFed,

Your title sure got my attention and I am sure many others who might take some offense at your insinuation (whether intended or not). :eek:

I understand where you are coming from but be prepared for incoming rounds. :bat:

Good luck...

TheFed,

Your title sure got my attention and I am sure many others who might take some offense at your insinuation (whether intended or not). :eek:

I understand where you are coming from but be prepared for incoming rounds. :bat:

Good luck...

Steve, I think everyone here knows for sure, that NOTHING can be more moody then a woman :rant:

(Just kidding ladies, I could not resist, and got took a smack in the back of my head while writing this snickering)

I did not remember that your fiance was pregnant. I can remember a few times being very moody while I was pregnant. I have also been know to be moody when not pregnant. I think that I am getting better at handling my moods the older that I become. I can be pretty laid back now.

Just wanted to say that I wish you good luck in dealing with two very important people in your life, who are both moody at times. I think that I would tell your friend that it is hard enough for you to deal with moodiness from your pregnant fiance and you would appreciate an attitude adjustment from him so that you don't have to deal with it at home and also at work. Hope things improve for you.

I did not remember that your fiance was pregnant. I can remember a few times being very moody while I was pregnant. I have also been know to be moody when not pregnant. I think that I am getting better at handling my moods the older that I become. I can be pretty laid back now.

Just wanted to say that I wish you good luck in dealing with two very important people in your life, who are both moody at times. I think that I would tell your friend that "it is hard enough for you to deal with moodiness from your pregnant fiance and you would appreciate an attitude adjustment from him so that you don't have to deal with it at home and also at work." Hope things improve for you.

I like this statement....it rolls off the tongue quite nicely...i might have to use it!!

Back
Top Bottom