My Family Office

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
A recent episode of Billions on Showtime made mention of a term that I have heard many times, but I was unsure what exactly the definition was. The term was family office.

After looking up the definition of the term, I have revised my j*b description when asked buy a member of the retirement community what I did all day.

My responsibilities are that of a Single Family Office (SFO) which includes wealth management activities for a low-profile south Texas family.

I may have to tweak it a bit, but I'm using it from now on until then.

Last edited:
Now you need some business cards and engraved letterhead stationery.

Laser printer business card stock.

With that you can crank out reasonable looking cards for any occasion.

I've been calling myself the manager for our family office for years, mostly because that is exactly what I do. It's a real, if part-time job. If needed, I have the paperwork and whatnot ready to go to turn it into a real salary-paying position with benefits for DW and I. That was the plan until the ACA came along and I was able to buy medical coverage. As a business, the Family Office (LLC) would be able to buy group coverage for the employees. The tax advantages don't appear until we can grow our nest egg to much larger proportions. :)

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I worked for one in North Carolina, and so I use that line and it is only a small fabrication!

Have the day you deserve, and let Karma sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

You may also wish to mention that members of your senior management team are all provided company cars and credit card expense accounts.

I would however refrain from mentioning that a member of your senior mgmt team may be sleeping with the boss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom