Tuna check?

That was my first thought. Who's holding a gun to your head forcing you to by $10/lb chicken breasts? Majority of these folks will get a check and spend it on $5 cups of coffee.

For most people near the poverty level, i doubt that.

That's how WA rolls. Social Justice > Justice.

That's how WA rolls. Social Justice > Justice.

Not really. The gas carbon tax in WA state has a MUCH greater effect on poor people. The guy working at Microsoft making $300,000 and getting a $7500 tax credit on their Model S vs the waitress making $15/hr and having to commute 20 miles to their crappy job in their 1997 Subaru.

But hey, they get a tuna check, maybe.

Your profile says you live in Hawaii. The settlement is only for residents of Washington. That’s why you get no compensation.

And we eat a LOT of tuna here. Of course, it's usually raw, but...:cool:

Wait till next year and get your check from big Spam.

Yeah, now THERE's a rip off! When I was a kid, we ate Spam because it was more affordable than ham. Now Spam is more like buying a "delicacy." Of course, I never much cared for the stuff. I don't expect a rebate any time soon since they can sell all they can make at high prices.:facepalm:

Not really. The gas carbon tax in WA state has a MUCH greater effect on poor people. The guy working at Microsoft making $300,000 and getting a $7500 tax credit on their Model S vs the waitress making $15/hr and having to commute 20 miles to their crappy job in their 1997 Subaru.

But hey, they get a tuna check, maybe.

I think I'd be heading my '97 Subaru out of state, but that's just me. I know folks willing to pay the price of Washington State beauty, just like I'm "willing" to pay for the "Rail to No Where" here in Paradise. We've all made our choices. (Heh, heh, and I can't even drive out of my state.):cool:

We just got the $120 check. The only year we've been below 175% FPL was 2021.

Was that enough to make you whole with your past tuna purchases?

Gosh, I don't know. Perhaps I can use it buy a really nice bottle of Chardonnay to go with my next can of tuna. That might set things right. :D

Update, I still have not received any tuna check, even after filling out the claim form for if you did not get a check.

The deadline is approaching. I'll sell my vote, but I want the $120.

Back
Top Bottom