My Favorite Software Freebie of the Day

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every so often I run into a good program that want to share, so here goes ...

My favorite software freebie of the day (Windows, only ..sorry other folks) :angel: is a program called "UAC Pass". What the program does is simply elevate the privilege on a program to bypass Windows' User Access Control (UAC) pop up to come up every time.

UAC Pass is a simple solution to a the nagging program having click yes all the time to allow access while not having to disable UAC for all programs.

A little more on the program from Softpedia:

UAC Pass is a lightweight and portable application that enables you to deactivate User Account Control (UAC) for selected applications. It comes packed with standard and advanced features to please novices and power users alike.
This tool comes in handy when you want to disable UAC for programs you frequently work with, instead of deactivating it for the system overall.
Since installation is not a prerequisite, the executable file can be dropped to any location on the hard disk. It is also possible to save UAC Pass to a USB flash disk or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any machine effortlessly
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/UAC-Pass.shtml

Cool, thanks.

My recommendations are more pedestrian.

I LOVE a printer app called PrimoPDF. Small and robust. You install it and it shows up as a printer in your printer settings. Lets you print really good PDFs (I find a lot of the built in pdf options in programs unreliable). Been using it for a longgg time.

Foxit PDF reader is also way better than anything from the cursed Adobe. Also a lite, small and robust program.

The other things I have installed are mostly just browser extensions.

Cool, thanks.

My recommendations are more pedestrian.

I LOVE a printer app called PrimoPDF. Small and robust. You install it and it shows up as a printer in your printer settings. Lets you print really good PDFs (I find a lot of the built in pdf options in programs unreliable). Been using it for a longgg time.

Foxit PDF reader is also way better than anything from the cursed Adobe. Also a lite, small and robust program.

The other things I have installed are mostly just browser extensions.

You're welcome. I love the print to PDF approach. Great not only for saving paper but archiving stuff in readable form.

Back
Top Bottom