Who's your candidate?

• McCain

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Nader

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Obama

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters
I suspect that Nadar is the best thing conservatives could have hoped for. He will siphon off some protest votes from the fringe Democrats. Doesn't take much in a close race.

I guess this has turned out to be a pretty good week for John McCain. First the NY Times rallies the conservatives around him, and now Ralph Nader is threatening to siphon off some of the far-left vote from the Democratic candidate.

If you vote for Nader you might as well vote republican. It gives the same result as we all saw in 2000. This country would be a whole hell of a lot better if Nader hadn't run in 2000. I'm not saying that if Bush wasn't elected that none of the problems we face would be here but a lot of them wouldn't be as bad as they are now.

Whatever your opinion of the current crop of candidates is, you have to admit the country has taken a turn to the left. I was surprised to see the right wing of the GOP rally around a former Massachusetts governor with pro-choice, pro-gay rights stances in his record as the party savior.
It's just another turn of the pendulum. Political will goes in cycles. Usually people (except for the hard-core partisans) are okay with one party's governance for a few years, and then they get tired of it and want something else (usually due to economic weakness), and then they vote the other guys in.

After 12 years of a Republican presidency starting with Reagan's first term, the economy faltered and Bush 41 was gone. In 2000 after 8 years of a Democrat in the White House, the combination of Bill's misdeeds and a suddenly deflating economy from a bubble popping helped get Bush 43 in the White House. And sure enough, 8 years later and a nation tiring of putting foreign policy over a domestic agenda (and yes, another weak economy) is bringing it back to the left somewhat.

These things always ebb and flow.

Is that a McCain endorsement? ;)

No, I wouldn't vote for my grandfather either. The last thing we need is someone more senile than the current president. The leader of the free world shouldn't be a job for retirees.

No, I wouldn't vote for my grandfather either. The last thing we need is someone more senile than the current president. The leader of the free world shouldn't be a job for retirees.

Or whipper-snappers with little life experience. Or witches.

Which leaves---RALPH! Go Ralph! Sure, he's older than McCain but he's YOUNG and rebellious at heart. He kept himself young by preserving himself, avoiding arduous activities or public service. He's especially unsullied by contact with the free market and the work hours (and wear) that might entail. He's a relative spring chicken! Best of all, he has a ZILLION ideas on how the government can help everything run better.

More ideas than Hillary, more military service than Obama, and more experience (in years on the planet) than McCain. He's gonna get the brass ring this time!!

Or whipper-snappers with little life experience. Or witches.

Which leaves---RALPH! Go Ralph! Sure, he's older than McCain but he's YOUNG and rebellious at heart. He kept himself young by preserving himself, avoiding arduous activities or public service. He's especially unsullied by contact with the free market and the work hours (and wear) that might entail. He's a relative spring chicken! Best of all, he has a ZILLION ideas on how the government can help everything run better.

More ideas than Hillary, more military service than Obama, and more experience (in years on the planet) than McCain. He's gonna get the brass ring this time!!

O0

I'm with Sam. If you want real change Nader is the guy, he isn't beholden to evil corporate special interest, or to the George Soros of the world. Nader is a friend of the working guy. If it wasn't for Nader we all be driving horribly unsafe cars at Autobahn like speeds.

Plus as somebody who is satorially challenged Ralph is my role model:D

Nader: Real Change not Real Rhetoric

I like Nader for the fact he jumps in at the last second just to upset the apple cart.

So you guys are all going to vote for him, right?

Ralphy Baby...... Here to save us again!!

Attachments

• 300px-1967_Corvair_Monza_Cvt.jpg
    300px-1967_Corvair_Monza_Cvt.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 50
[Using the best Art Carny imitation I can muster up]

Go get em RALPHIE!
[/]

I thought that Hillary represented the best chance of getting Health Care Reform. There are many of her policies that I did not like. I am sure her Heatlh Care reform would have been imperfect. But still, she would have persevered. It is unlikely that Obama will be able to deliver the reform... Billary (as reviled as they are by many conservative voters) knows the ropes and how to work it. Obama is starting from square one. By the time he figures out his footing... it will likely be too late. However, Obama is very likely to get a number of lower cost (Multi-billion $) social engineering programs started for the chronic disenfranchised who aren't willing to work...

It really looks like the Democratic party is split. Obama somehow took the momentum from Hillary. HC was very likely to be the winner of the 2008 election. Obama took about 1/2 of the vote that she previously had locked up. Now that she is apparently out of the race, many of those voters who had made up their minds are back rethinking their decisions. Many of the men and (certainly) women (that are moderate) who would have voted for Hillary will be voting for McCain. Likely enough voters to make the difference. Throw in Ralph and the Dem party vote will be clipped at both ends (the moderate dems and the fringe greenie dems).. Remember global warming is a concern... oops, I mean Climate Change.

All of the Democrats out there who carelessly vented their frustration or believed the rhetoric by voting for an unknown... will be further frustrated. They are likely to have given the election away. Regardless of HC endorsing Obama.

McCain has to do something to lose the election now. Most people are desensitized to minor scandal innuendo (like the NYT article).

Similar scandalous articles will be coming Obama's way. There is a particularly nasty one out there about Obama. It has not been reported on by the general press yet.

Last edited:
So interesting poll results...in the stand up mccain vs obama a few weeks ago obama won hands down. In this poll, it seems the opposite would be true with or without naders influence.

I saw the imbalance yesterday, but I figured it'd flip the other way today when all the democrats got back to their jobs and high speed internet connections today and read the poll... ;)

All of the Democrats out there who carelessly vented their frustration or believed the rhetoric by voting for an unknown... will be further frustrated. They are likely to have given the election away. Regardless of HC endorsing Obama.

McCain has to do something to lose the election now. Most people are desensitized to minor scandal innuendo (like the NYT article).
I'd write something, but I think this spells out exactly what we're watching, and it's too late to turn it around. Billary must be wondering how on earth this happened, maybe they will finally go away...

Ah theres our monday democrat surge, and we're now showing that Ralph's entry does in fact sap enough votes away from Obama to give McCain a victory.

Thats if the ER forum was considered to be super-super delegates.

Back
Top Bottom