Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: Who's your candidate?
McCain 47 47.47%
Nader 7 7.07%
Obama 45 45.45%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

[Using the best Art Carny imitation I can muster up]

Go get em RALPHIE!
[/]

I thought that Hillary represented the best chance of getting Health Care Reform. There are many of her policies that I did not like. I am sure her Heatlh Care reform would have been imperfect. But still, she would have persevered. It is unlikely that Obama will be able to deliver the reform... Billary (as reviled as they are by many conservative voters) knows the ropes and how to work it. Obama is starting from square one. By the time he figures out his footing... it will likely be too late. However, Obama is very likely to get a number of lower cost (Multi-billion $) social engineering programs started for the chronic disenfranchised who aren't willing to work...

It really looks like the Democratic party is split. Obama somehow took the momentum from Hillary. HC was very likely to be the winner of the 2008 election. Obama took about 1/2 of the vote that she previously had locked up. Now that she is apparently out of the race, many of those voters who had made up their minds are back rethinking their decisions. Many of the men and (certainly) women (that are moderate) who would have voted for Hillary will be voting for McCain. Likely enough voters to make the difference. Throw in Ralph and the Dem party vote will be clipped at both ends (the moderate dems and the fringe greenie dems).. Remember global warming is a concern... oops, I mean Climate Change.

All of the Democrats out there who carelessly vented their frustration or believed the rhetoric by voting for an unknown... will be further frustrated. They are likely to have given the election away. Regardless of HC endorsing Obama.

McCain has to do something to lose the election now. Most people are desensitized to minor scandal innuendo (like the NYT article).

Similar scandalous articles will be coming Obama's way. There is a particularly nasty one out there about Obama. It has not been reported on by the general press yet.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 AM   #42
Give me a forum ...

So interesting poll results...in the stand up mccain vs obama a few weeks ago obama won hands down. In this poll, it seems the opposite would be true with or without naders influence.

I saw the imbalance yesterday, but I figured it'd flip the other way today when all the democrats got back to their jobs and high speed internet connections today and read the poll...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

236 - The Room - Message to Ralph Nader from Anonymous

This is too funny, though it might offend some.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

LOL was funny.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaco View Post
All of the Democrats out there who carelessly vented their frustration or believed the rhetoric by voting for an unknown... will be further frustrated. They are likely to have given the election away. Regardless of HC endorsing Obama.

McCain has to do something to lose the election now. Most people are desensitized to minor scandal innuendo (like the NYT article).
I'd write something, but I think this spells out exactly what we're watching, and it's too late to turn it around. Billary must be wondering how on earth this happened, maybe they will finally go away...

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Ah theres our monday democrat surge, and we're now showing that Ralph's entry does in fact sap enough votes away from Obama to give McCain a victory.

Thats if the ER forum was considered to be super-super delegates.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

"Obama totally makes us cry...sometimes." Freaking hilarious, Martha!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #48

Anyone else notice that Obama sounds just like The Rock?

Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #49

Do you smell what the OBAMA is cooken?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Bwaahahahaha

Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results Of 2008 Election Early | The Onion - America's Finest News Source