News of the Odd

So did you just leave the throttles, and fly the plane like you supposed to?

What happens when the wooden arm and leg fall off at the same time?

That reminds me. After breaking my right shoulder bone playing soccer, I had to drive my stick shift car using my left hand only for the next 3 months. Very inconvenient but doable.

Prior to that, I separated my left shoulder. But driving with right hand only was a piece of cake compare to above.

Landing a plane with one hand while fighting element? That must have been scary.

Landing a plane with one hand while fighting element? That must have been scary.
Just heard a follow up report. According to the pilot there was nothing to it. He said, "I can land that plane with one hand tied behind my back - providing I get to choose which hand." :)

Just heard a follow up report. According to the pilot there was nothing to it. He said, "I can land that plane with one hand tied behind my back - providing I get to choose which hand." :)

It was all hands on deck situation ... :rolleyes:

He was armless, really.

Yep, but really made it challenging to drink my coffee during landings...

Going waay off topic here.
Reminded me of this video: POURING ICE TEA WHILE FLYING INVERTED - YouTube He complained about having to pour backhanded so he wouldn't block the camera view!

One day in the mid 1980's I got to see Bob Hoover, Charlie Hilliard, Tom Poberezny, Gene Soucy, Duane Cole and a few others perform. I still remember it.

Last edited:
Quote "However, it said, because the co-pilot would not have time to take stock of what was happening, he decided the best option was to continue one-handed."

A-a-a-a-a, didn't think the cockpit was that big. Thought when landing they would both be sitting side by side. Wouldn't the co-pilot notice an arm falling off or the pilot saying "oh look my arm fell off"

Depends....... on altitute, and distance from touchdown.

Back
Top Bottom