NFL

The zebras who said the Seahawks recovered that fumble at the 1 yard line really got lucky that Seattle botched the subsequent 4th down play, or else they would have decided the game. It's ridiculous that a play that obviously and easily overturned wasn't reviewable.

Watching the replay, what comes to mind is OUCH! The injury looked gruesome.

As a Seattle-area homeboy, I am hoping the NFL refs don't have a fond heart for any "Peyton Manning Story" like they did for the "Jerome Bettis Story" when the Seahawks last went to the Superbowl. Their calls were ALL in favor of the Steelers at that Superbowl.

Go Hawks!

I admit I'm a biased Seattle-area homeboy, but that SF vs. Seattle NFC Championship game was high drama, unlike the much ballyhooed Brady-Manning snorefest!
Well, I wasn't much going to care other than wanting a good game, but now I hope Manning burns Sherman badly and repeatedly. That was no class.

It was an exciting game. The refs did get lucky that their botched ruling didn't matter.

It says something for him that despite that injury, he clutched the ball and maintained possession of it through the entire play (or should have been ruled as having done so).

I was thinking the same thing about him holding onto the ball.

With this win over the SF 49ers today, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is now tied for the most wins of any QB in NFL history for their first two years during the SuperBowl era. If the Seahawks win the NFL Lombardi Trophy in two weeks at the SuperBowl game, Wilson will shine alone. Go Hawks!

Oh God (or Gods...Thor....whatever)....another couple weeks of football madness. Oh well....if it keeps people off the streets:cool:. Oh poop.....it just hit me.....the Olympics hit about the same time as this game....crap. The adverts are going to be endlessly annoying. Kind of like my posts.......

Some people do get a little too carried away with it, but it's called a "diversion"....
I don't know if it is a claim to fame...or something....but the guy who goes to the Seahawks game in the Hulk "outfit" I graduated HS with from Castle Rock WA.

Defense wins Super Bowls. Seattle will destroy the Broncos.

As a long time Steeler fan, I agree with this statement. Well, the part that defense wins Super Bowls. However, Seattle doesnt have the type of team that destroys other teams. They run the ball, chew up the clock and play smothering defense (just like Steeler teams of the past). They dont score enough playing that way to crush people very often.

So if by "destroy" you mean that Seattle will win by 14+ points, I seriously doubt it. I do think Seattle will win though.

With this win over the SF 49ers today, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is now tied for the most wins of any QB in NFL history for their first two years during the SuperBowl era. If the Seahawks win the NFL Lombardi Trophy in two weeks at the SuperBowl game, Wilson will shine alone. Go Hawks!

Im rooting for Seattle but stats like this are just dumb. Put Russell Wilson on Cleveland and lets see how many wins he has. Hes a smart young QB with a punishing running game and a smothering defense. Any QB that keeps his mistakes to a minimum will win in a situation like this.

My four favorite NFL teams in order are:

1) Broncos
2) Patriots
3) Seahawks
4) 49ers

Needless to say its been a great football year in our house, and every playoff game has gone my way. Can't wait for the Super Bowl … Go Broncos!

GO SEAHAWKS!!
I live in the Greater Seattle area, so it's going to be a crazy12th Man time around here for two weeks.
My annual Super Bowl party will be a lot more exciting and fun this year for sure.

As a long time Steeler fan, I agree with this statement. Well, the part that defense wins Super Bowls.

Unless the refs screw Seattle again like what happened with Pittsburgh DOH!
Sorry, just had to bring it up again lol

Unless the refs screw Seattle again like what happened with Pittsburgh DOH!

They tried to pay it back by ruling Seattle recovered their own fumble at the 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed that was a garbage call, but the Seahawks refused to accept the gift and fumbled away the next play on 4th down...

They tried to pay it back by ruling Seattle recovered their own fumble at the 1 yard line when the replay clearly showed that was a garbage call, but the Seahawks refused to accept the gift and fumbled away the next play on 4th down...

The bad calls being referneced in the Pittsburgh / Seattle Super Bowl were judgement calls (holding and Pass Interference IIRC). Of course Seattle fans thought they were bad. They were questionable but not that bad.

The bad call from the fumble yesterday was horrific. The dude was laying on the field with the ball for a good 3 seconds. I saw he had it when I was watching it live. I don't know how that many refs could miss it. Karma couldn't have fixed it any more quickly though.

Sherman need treatment for a speech pathology problem. I cannot understand a word he says.
Consider yourself lucky. Great player but...

Broncos vs Seahawks, that could be an epic matchup, hope so. And no 12th jerks (not that other teams don't also).

Go Peyton - win, celebrate, retire...

Watch Sherman's press conference interview (after hes showered and calmed down). He sounds and acts completely normal. I chalk his game behavior up to adrenaline.

Watch Sherman's press conference interview (after hes showered and calmed down). He sounds and acts completely normal. I chalk his game behavior up to adrenaline.

And also, Crabtree was stirring the pot himself. He can talk trash with anyone, and he and Sherman were apparently going at it all game long.

Back
Top Bottom