Nike+

Marshac

Full time employment: Posting here.
Edit: To clear things up :) Nike and Apple came out with a new product called Nike+. It's a small transmitter that fits in a special shoe made by Nike, and transmits a signal to the wear's iPod nano. The device tracks and stores a variety of metrics relating to your workout. The next time you plug in your iPod to your computer, iTunes uploads your workout data to Nike's website where you can view the results.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I did it... the geek in me won. I needed some new running shoes, so I got the new Nike+ shoes and the little transmitter thing from Apple. I already had the iPod nano.

First, the pair of OH+ Shox. Other than the fact that the name of these shoes would make any chemistry person cringe, they are probably the most comfortable running shoe I have ever had. This is my first pair of shox, and I love them.

The iPod software- easy to configure. Put in your weight, select a time, distance, playlist, whatever. Run.

Nike+ website. Very cool. It tracks your pace, distance, and calories burned for your runs.

So if you need new running shoes, and don't mind spending a few bucks more, it's bound to add a little more fun to your workout.

If you need an ipod, you can get them for free. Here is one of many offers out there

I really am getting old and out of touch with emerging technology gadgets. I only understood about 50% of that post. :'(

sgeeeee said:
I really am getting old and out of touch with emerging technology gadgets.  I only understood about 50% of that post.   :'(
Yeah, but if it had a microwave generator then you'd be all over it... with beer.

Cool. I want a pair.

So, can you feel the sensor in the shoe? Does the sensor last longer than the shoes, and can you buy an "empty" pair of replacement shoes?

wab said:
Cool.  I want a pair.

So, can you feel the sensor in the shoe?   Does the sensor last longer than the shoes, and can you buy an "empty" pair of replacement shoes?

The sensor is quite small, fits in a small cavity under the sole, and is sold separately from the shoe ($30 from Apple). I can't even tell the thing is in there. :) They claim that the battery is not user serviceable, but i'll bet my soldering iron says otherwise ;)

wow. i like that offer for the ipod nano.Im not a big ipod fan, but i played with my younger brothers 2gb nano he got for his b-day...and it is pretty neat!

i'd liek a cd player in my car that has a plug on the front for it

Hey this looks pretty cool, do you think you could attach it to another (cheaper) type of shoe?

Next are the shoes that scream "Damn you're heavy!  Why don't you hit the salad bar for a litte while longer before we go out for a run!"

I tried figuring out what the Nike+ is from their website. I must be getting old because I can't make it tell me what it is. :-\

Sounds like an electronic pedometer. Didn't Mcdonald's give those away with each healthy value meal purchase? Nike+ seems like just another useless device intended to "enhance your workout experience" while in reality it only complicates things.

Done running, gotta go download then upload and check the performance. ::)

Ever wonder why I don't get a cell phone? :D

bow-tie said:
Next are the shoes that scream "Damn you're heavy!  Why don't you hit the salad bar for a litte while longer before we go out for a run!"

I like it!  And give the shoes the voice of your mother-in-law.  "Oy!  Your feet are killing me!"

I don't think I'd like futz around with gadgets while working out. :(

Back
Top Bottom