Now that is funny--homeowner forecloses on bank

After about an hour of being locked out of the bank, the bank manager handed the attorney a check for the legal fees.

I would have demanded a cashier check drawn on another bank :). After all BAC's balance sheet has lots of dubious loans.

Reminds me of an incident that happened here about 20 years ago. Some guy won a judgment against the railroad, but they wouldn't pay him. So he had the sheriff seize one of their locomotives while it was sitting in the local switchyard. They paid up pronto after that.

I would have demanded a cashier check drawn on another bank :). After all BAC's balance sheet has lots of dubious loans.
Speaking of dubious loans, yesterday we got a four-page letter telling us that our BAC mortgage servicing is being transferred from "our subsidiary, BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, to our parent company Bank of America, N.A.".

That's all they really had to say, but they went on for four pages of explanations of what this means.

In a first-class snail-mail letter.

They have my e-mail address.

I hope you BAC shareholders are getting better dividends these days. I feel as if I got the more profitable end of this deal...

Sweeeet! :LOL:

There should be some type of procedure that ensures a case has been researched thoroughly before foreclosure proceedings can begin.

This article gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :LOL:

Yes, I like it! As a business, this is their area of expertise and they should be held to a high standard. I hope the people got more than just lawyer's fees, they should be entitled to something for their time and aggravation.

Question for the Law Enforcement types on the forum:

I was a little surprised that the deputies seemed to go out whole hog on this (ready with the moving trucks and everything). It must seem odd to foreclose on a bank in this way? Is this a routine response for them, or were they also having some fun 'sticking it to the man'?

-ERD50

Wow, that was sweet revenge! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I wonder if the bank is now rethinking their policy or doing some retraining. Maybe something like "Responding to legal notices 101".

Nords said:
Speaking of dubious loans, yesterday we got a four-page letter telling us that our BAC mortgage servicing is being transferred from "our subsidiary, BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP, to our parent company Bank of America, N.A.".

That's all they really had to say, but they went on for four pages of explanations of what this means.

In a first-class snail-mail letter.

They have my e-mail address.

I hope you BAC shareholders are getting better dividends these days. I feel as if I got the more profitable end of this deal...

I got at same notice the othe day, but in an email.

It's possible that, though they have your email address, you have not selected to receive all communications electronically...

BAC made it on the bottom 10 list in a recent customer service rating. With no surprise, my "favorites", Comcast and ATT also made the list.

I'm switching from Comcast to ATT for tv+internet. I've also decided to start hitting my shin with a hammer and stop hitting my arm.

So, moving from Iowa to Seattle we switched from Mediacom to Comcast.

I understand the hate toward Comcast, but it doesn't really compare. Mediacom is the same price, slower service, more outages, and worse customer service, and everyone from Iowa hates them.

So right now, we're happier with Comcast :)

Back
Top Bottom