Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I hope Paul is toast, he is wearing on me. Nice guy, great personality and all but just not strong enough to keep in this competition.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #62
Give me a forum ...

So FinanceDude, how did you like Pia's outfit? My DH loved it. He was glued to the TV during her performance And how 'bout that James Durbin

Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
So FinanceDude, how did you like Pia's outfit? My DH loved it. He was glued to the TV during her performance And how 'bout that James Durbin
Pia is smokin'....and the next Mariah Carey. I don't care if she wins or not, she gets a record deal. james Durbin cracks me up, he's like the life of the party..........

I was very impressed with Lauren and Haley last night. My bottom 3 this week are Paul, Thia, and Naima. I predict Thia and Naima go home tonight, which is bittersweet since Naima is from Milwaukee.

Scotty did well also. I don't even like country, but will buy his album. Just a side note, I bought Danny Gokey's CD when it came out, some really great songs on it!!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #64
Administrator

My favorites were Pia, Haley, and (of course) James.

I have no idea who will be sent home, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
I hope Paul is toast, he is wearing on me. Nice guy, great personality and all but just not strong enough to keep in this competition.
I wish he would be sent home too, but I think he is riding on his good looks for now.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #65
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bottom 3 - Thia, Naima, and Casey. Casey somehow survives again.

And BTW.....Pia....yowza, yowza, yowza. Nice outfit. Nice everything. And I like Haley as well. She is getting sexier.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Pia is smokin'....and the next Mariah Carey. I don't care if she wins or not, she gets a record deal. james Durbin cracks me up, he's like the life of the party..........

I was very impressed with Lauren and Haley last night. My bottom 3 this week are Paul, Thia, and Naima. I predict Thia and Naima go home tonight, which is bittersweet since Naima is from Milwaukee.

Scotty did well also. I don't even like country, but will buy his album. Just a side note, I bought Danny Gokey's CD when it came out, some really great songs on it!!
I'm thinkin' the same thing - Thia and Naima go home. I think Lauren did the best ever last night and Haley - she's one hot ticket. Her performance reminded me of this:

Old 03-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #67
Give me a forum ...

Haley was hot last night. Like I told DW (who hasn't seen last night yet) she sang so well that I almost couldn't focus on her legs :>)

Lauren could be a sleeper - she seems like a mix of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood to me.

I think Thia has a good, sweet voice - but isn't ready for the big time - yet.

For some reason I love Scotty - I like his voice and he seems to be quite well grounded - hope he stays that way.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #68
Give me a forum ...

Check it out

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #69
Give me a forum ...

love it!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #70
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Thank you for this, Purron! I didn't know Steven Tyler performed on ACM awards. He is sooo cool!

Did you see him on Kenney Center awards?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #71
Administrator

Oh wow, they look like they are having SO much fun with it!

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #72
Administrator

Unbelievable show tonight!! Best ever. Even Paul was amazing and he completely changed my so-so opinion of his singing.

We're at the stage where I hate to see any of them go. They are ALL winners IMO.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 04-06-2011, 09:16 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Unbelievable show tonight!! Best ever. Even Paul was amazing and he completely changed my so-so opinion of his singing.

We're at the stage where I hate to see any of them go. They are ALL winners IMO.

I dunno. I thought they were all very, very good, but not knock-your-socks-off great.

Paul smiled too much - geez, I just re-read the lyrics to Folsom Prison Blues, and there ain't nothin' to smile about! If you are going to do a gritty song, you need to be gritty.

Haley had a few moments, but if you are going to take on Janis, you've got to just tear it all up and rip your heart to pieces. That 17 YO girl a few seasons back was much better at it than Haley. Here: Allison Iraheta , she sings with so much more maturity, and at 17! She makes me FEEL the song so much it hurts! Like it's supposed to!

I'm gonna spend the rest of the evening following her links...

Oh, and she can handle it oh so gentle also...

Pia was great, but she's so good she makes great look easy - you almost expect it from her.

Scotty did a great job of coming cross as rock-a-billy and not the one-trick-country pony we would expect. But was it that great? Not really (though I wish I could perform that well!).

My 2 cents - ERD50
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #74
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I thought Paul did much better than before. I liked Loren, and enjoyed Scotty a bunch (much better than pure country stuff - I guess it's just my preference of songs). (Sorry to say that I have to fast forward the Gospel guy every time... Gospel singers tend to go a little bit sharp on many notes and I just don't enjoy it) I actually didn't enjoy James very much this time (He sounded a little shaky at the beginning and middle was good - sounded a little like Von Jovi - and the end was not so great).

Hey, Anybody think of "Sharing the Night Together" by Dr. Hook whenever Casey sings (especially the last two songs - Your Song last week and his song this week)? Last two times, the way Casey sang reminded me the way Dr. Hook's vocalist sings "Sharing the Night Together".

Is it just me??
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #75
Recycles dryer sheets

Scotty is too young. I think someone told him, here, you just need three good "showbizzy" hooks and you're good. So he holds his mike sideways, cocks his head and makes a smarmy smirk, and that is the extent of his "emoting" to a song. It gets old by the 4th week and it'll get really old by the end of May. But the producers stage a "spontaneous" groupie rush of the stage, so you won't forget how awesome he is...it's so corny, but it kind of fits with how corny the rest of his schtick is.

Aside from him, everyone else is a polished performer with some life experience to back up what they are singing. This top 13 is the strongest group they have ever had, makes you wonder why they insisted on such crappy casts in previous years.

The judges were really fun during the auditions, but are getting kind of boring lately, c'mon Steven and Randy, give us some more goofiness, please!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #76
Full time employment: Posting here.

Scotty's on fire. Pia was great but the wardrobe choice was stupid. Loren was also good.

Jacob needs to go.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #77
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I dunno. I thought they were all very, very good, but not knock-your-socks-off great.

Paul smiled too much - geez, I just re-read the lyrics to Folsom Prison Blues, and there ain't nothin' to smile about! If you are going to do a gritty song, you need to be gritty.

Haley had a few moments, but if you are going to take on Janis, you've got to just tear it all up and rip your heart to pieces. That 17 YO girl a few seasons back was much better at it than Haley. Here: Allison Iraheta , she sings with so much more maturity, and at 17! She makes me FEEL the song so much it hurts! Like it's supposed to!

Pia was great, but she's so good she makes great look easy - you almost expect it from her.

Scotty did a great job of coming cross as rock-a-billy and not the one-trick-country pony we would expect. But was it that great? Not really (though I wish I could perform that well!).

My 2 cents - ERD50
Couldn't agree with you more about Allison Iraheta - that young lady killed it. No one really blew me away last night. Pia's voice was great, but she's still a little robotic on stage. James was smart to tone it down, but not his best vocally.

I think Jacob is in trouble tonight.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #78
Give me a forum ...

It's funny, the only thing the judges can harp on Pia is that she doesn't have stage moves. Trust me, have her spend some time with a few choreographers, and she's rockin it out. You can teach someone to dance, you CAN'T teach someone how to sing like Mariah Carey, you're born with that!

I wish Scotty would have sung a Johnny Cash song, but I liked the Elvis song too. I don't know what it is, but Stefano, Haley, and Paul are really starting to grate on my nerves..........

Lauren sounded great but her wardrobe was weird. Jacob is too over the top but he has bigtime talent. If Simon would still be on, he would have ripped jacob a few times with the "cruise ship/lounge singer" title...........

Casey may not win but he is easily the most talented musician on the show. I love retro singers like Casey, there aren't ant left around.......

Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
Couldn't agree with you more about Allison Iraheta - that young lady killed it. No one really blew me away last night. Pia's voice was great, but she's still a little robotic on stage. James was smart to tone it down, but not his best vocally.

I think Jacob is in trouble tonight.
Yeah, Pia has a very great voice, but I finally figured out why she doesn't appeal to me last night. To me she seems like an opera singer trying to sing pop songs....it just doesn't work for me. I'd rather listen to someone who's voice isn't as good but is more creative and has more personality. Casey, James and Paul sort of fit that bill for me...they're all very talented and take risks creatively. Paul is either very good or not good at all which is probably going to be his downfall.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #80
Recycles dryer sheets

I agree. Great show last night. Hard to pick the bottom three. Any ideas?