"Official" American Idol 2011 Thread

Scotty's on fire. Pia was great but the wardrobe choice was stupid. Loren was also good.

Jacob needs to go.

I dunno. I thought they were all very, very good, but not knock-your-socks-off great.

Paul smiled too much - geez, I just re-read the lyrics to Folsom Prison Blues, and there ain't nothin' to smile about! If you are going to do a gritty song, you need to be gritty.

Haley had a few moments, but if you are going to take on Janis, you've got to just tear it all up and rip your heart to pieces. That 17 YO girl a few seasons back was much better at it than Haley. Here: Allison Iraheta , she sings with so much more maturity, and at 17! She makes me FEEL the song so much it hurts! Like it's supposed to!

Pia was great, but she's so good she makes great look easy - you almost expect it from her.

Scotty did a great job of coming cross as rock-a-billy and not the one-trick-country pony we would expect. But was it that great? Not really (though I wish I could perform that well!).

My 2 cents - ERD50

Couldn't agree with you more about Allison Iraheta - that young lady killed it. No one really blew me away last night. Pia's voice was great, but she's still a little robotic on stage. James was smart to tone it down, but not his best vocally.

I think Jacob is in trouble tonight.

It's funny, the only thing the judges can harp on Pia is that she doesn't have stage moves. Trust me, have her spend some time with a few choreographers, and she's rockin it out. You can teach someone to dance, you CAN'T teach someone how to sing like Mariah Carey, you're born with that!

I wish Scotty would have sung a Johnny Cash song, but I liked the Elvis song too. I don't know what it is, but Stefano, Haley, and Paul are really starting to grate on my nerves..........:(

Lauren sounded great but her wardrobe was weird. Jacob is too over the top but he has bigtime talent. If Simon would still be on, he would have ripped jacob a few times with the "cruise ship/lounge singer" title...........

Casey may not win but he is easily the most talented musician on the show. I love retro singers like Casey, there aren't ant left around.......:)

Couldn't agree with you more about Allison Iraheta - that young lady killed it. No one really blew me away last night. Pia's voice was great, but she's still a little robotic on stage. James was smart to tone it down, but not his best vocally.

I think Jacob is in trouble tonight.

Yeah, Pia has a very great voice, but I finally figured out why she doesn't appeal to me last night. To me she seems like an opera singer trying to sing pop songs....it just doesn't work for me. I'd rather listen to someone who's voice isn't as good but is more creative and has more personality. Casey, James and Paul sort of fit that bill for me...they're all very talented and take risks creatively. Paul is either very good or not good at all which is probably going to be his downfall.

I agree. Great show last night. Hard to pick the bottom three. Any ideas?

Bottom three: Haley, Stefano, and Paul

I predict the 3 above go home in some order, in the next 3 weeks, so top 6 will be:

Pia
James
Scotty
Jacob
Lauren
Casey

Bottom three: Haley, Stefano, and Paul

I predict the 3 above go home in some order, in the next 3 weeks, so top 6 will be:

Pia
James
Scotty
Jacob
Lauren
Casey

Carnac says replace Haley with Casey in your bottom 3 and you are correct oh wise one.

Carnac says replace Haley with Casey in your bottom 3 and you are correct oh wise one.

Or maybe replace Haley with Jacob? I know he has a lot of fans, but everyone except one has got to go eventually. I have heard better renditions of "Man in the Mirror", though that was a great song choice.

Haley has noowhere near the talent, but she does like to wear short shorts to get the male vote. I would be amazed if Casey went home, but that would give him more time to start working on his first album.........:)

I can't believe the outcome!!!! :eek:

I guess the Californians haven't heard it yet so I won't say a word. But OMG, this person did not deserve to be voted off!

I guess the Californians haven't heard it yet so I won't say a word. But OMG, this person did not deserve to be voted off!

NOOOO!!!! This is wrong. I'm stunned.

NOOOO!!!! This is wrong. I'm stunned.

I'll agree the outcome was wrong, but I cannot be stunned. The results are determined by a whatever group of people can text a vote, and AFAIK, they can vote as many times and as fast as they wish. It's meaningless, and the judges put on a good act by looking shocked.

I watch the show for the talent, but I've decided to just not get 'emotionally involved' in the voting - that's a side-show AFAIAC. So I don't let it bother me.

I think Jennifer Hudson would agree ;)

-ERD50

I'll agree the outcome was wrong, but I cannot be stunned. The results are determined by a whatever group of people can text a vote, and AFAIK, they can vote as many times and as fast as they wish. It's meaningless, and the judges put on a good act by looking shocked.

I watch the show for the talent, but I've decided to just not get 'emotionally involved' in the voting - that's a side-show AFAIAC. So I don't let it bother me.

-ERD50
I agree with you.....

The more the judges flounce about, the more people will watch/cast their vote. It's all about the money.

That's entertainment folks...

-ERD50

And Adam and Daughtry.

I have to admit that it is still hard for me to believe that David Archuleta did not win. He was amazing.

And Crystal... I'm really p!seed about this one. Not sure if I want to watch anymore.

I just lost my reason to watch AI this year........oh well, at least Pia can sign with another record label other than Freemantle, and do her own thing. She can start working on that album right away.........:)

I blame Gwen Stefani for giving Pia that horrible outfit to wear, the judges for being cheerleaders, and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.

I blame Gwen Stefani for giving Pia that horrible outfit to wear, the judges for being cheerleaders, and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.

Stefano and Paul should be long gone. Jacob has talent but oversings EVERYTHING.....how much screeching can I handle?? :nonono::nonono::nonono:

I agree there are less talented singers (Stefano for example). But while Pia has a phenomenal singing voice, I didn't see her as a performer. She seemed to lack that intangible "stage presence."

...and a voting system that allows love crazed teens to power vote for *cute* guys. Not one guy eliminated yet despite subpar performances from several of them. Looking forward to Simon's X-Factor later this year.

Yep, I think the show would be far better if they changed this from a free-for-all. I'd bet they would get better talent also - how many serious performers decide they are just not going to subject themselves to such an arbitrary rating process?

But as long as they get ratings, they won't care. And those crazed teens are probably the market demographic that the advertisers are targeting.

-ERD50

I thought Pia was hot. She has good looks and a great voice. She will do just fine...

100% agree. The outfit did her no favors. If she had worn what she had on during the results show she would still be around. She looked amazing last night. Still, I can't believe she is gone.

This also proves the judges reacted too early and wasted their save a couple weeks ago. They are cheerleaders for everyone. Simon would have separated from that emotional reaction and let Casey go. Then they could have had the save for Pia who really did deserve it.

At this point I've no idea who the clear favorite is to win it. I'm guessing one of the country folks....Lauren or Scotty. Hope it's not Jacob or the wierd rocker dude.

Back
Top Bottom