Oil 110? 115? 125?

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ya know crude at 110 a barrel is 4.25 a gallon gasoline.

Wow, I might get to see a dummie in a suburban put over 100 dollars in the tank at my local station!!

Wow, I might get to see a dummie in a suburban put over 100 dollars in the tank at my local station!!

You should confront those people in person. Get right in their grill and let them know how you feel. Such outrage..

At the equivalent of close to $5 a gallon up here in Canada we are definitely seeing people putting $100+ in their SUV's, Pick ups and some mini vans.some will see the light and ultimately change to a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle,others will tenaciously hang on to their large inefficient vehicles for some inane reason and wonder why they are going broke.

I'm planning to take the RV out west for a few months starting in April.
Sure it will be a pain to fill up (I get about 16mpg towing). But there might be benefits - less people in the national parks.

Still under $10 a tank every 2-3 weeks for me with regular $3.51/g here in the PNW.

Both DW and I have noticed alot more people putting in a fixed $ amount rather then filling the tank.

DD

Still under $10 a tank every 2-3 weeks for me with regular $3.51/g here in the PNW.

Both DW and I have noticed alot more people putting in a fixed $ amount rather then filling the tank.

DD

I fill my tank all the way to the top, every 6 weeks, whether it needs it or not.

I don't know how people manage who have big SUV's and long commutes. It has to be getting gruesome when it comes to making ends meet.

The boat and RV dealers must be sweating bullets right about now:eek:

Gas will be $5/gal Summer 2009. You heard it here first.

Our leadership has failed us on this vital issue. And unfortunately they continue to stonewall on it. It is almost as if they are completely ignoring the concerns of most Americans.

The sad thing is that GWB is still trying to prove to himself that the war in Iraq was the right thing to do. He is distracted on that while the nation continues to erode. :p

would that be the cheap war that Rummy said was going to pay for itself?

GWB is not really that distracted.. he's got 3 bones that have been the only thing he's really been gnawing on for the last 8 years: all out war in the middle east no matter what, tax cuts tax cuts tax cuts, and unitary executive / screw the constitution, judiciary and congress. He's done pretty well on all fronts; it's just that he's always been unconcerned about the social or economic fallout of any of that, so no one should be surprised, really.

Them cigarette boats will still be zipping around Kennebunkport come summer, I'm sure.

Kayaks baby kayaks. No gasoline. Heck I ride my bike to where my boat is at the lake.

A wealthy older friend of mine used his kayak to save his own life after Katrina. I suppose he bought it for physical fitness purposes, but after the storm his life depended on it. When the waters didn't recede after a few days, and things were getting desperate, he paddled his kayak for a couple of miles until he was out of the flooded area and reached safety. So keep paddling that kayak! You never know. It might save your life one day.

DD

You must bike or walk every where. I guess if I didn't play golf, I wouldn't fill up as often as I do. My club is a 20 minute drive for me. Give up golf? Not an option. :)

Here in Oregon we don't just whine about oil prices - we take action!
www.registerguard.com | news from The Associated Press

"An officer grabbed Hurd, who was wearing only panties, and put her on the ground, preparing to arrest her. Another officer trained his Taser on a naked man who approached the scene, but did not use the weapon.
The officers let Hurd go after the crowd chanted for them to leave her alone.
"We attempted to make arrests but the crowd turned on the two officers we had trying to handle the situation and they elected to disengage before someone got hurt," Eugene police Lt. Rich Stronach said.
Stronach said officers may not have gotten involved if the organizers had contacted police ahead of time and obeyed traffic laws.
Naked bike rides, most of them peaceful, have been staged in dozens of cities around the world in recent years. The purpose, besides fun, is to protest global oil dependency and celebrate cycling and the human body.
Portland has been host to such rides for several years. Last year's event drew more than 1,000 participants.
"It's just fun and it caught on as a novel thing to do," said Jonathan Maus, editor of bikeportland.org. "It's a sign of a good healthy bike culture.""

Well, with oil on the rise and the dollar on the fall, it seems there is only one rational thing to do.

I propose we extend the same American Democracy Assistance Program to Chavez and the Saudis that we extended to Saddam.

Oil would not be the price it is in USD if y'all would elect governments that would take care of the USD. Oil would be more like $60 as it is actually seen from the perspective of Europeans, Australians, Canadians, etc. Americans may yet see $150 oil sometime this year since the Feds keep throwing money at the credit crisis and printing more each day.

well i dont have a suburban but this dummy was smart enough to make enough thru GSG to pay my energy costs for the next 2 years if not longer. if you cant beat em join em.

its to the point that we all have to be smart enough to not leave our biggest expenses food and energy totally unhedged in our lives. i think its imperative almost to own some commodities fund

its like buying auto insurance or home insurance, except the odds are this you will use. and if it drops, hey thats good. it means everything else will do better. the big dummy aint the suburban owner its the dummy who didnt protect themselves against the price increases we are seeing and just paid and paid with no little rebate for themselves from the likes of gsg,dbc,uso etc.

Last edited:
well i dont have a suburban but this dummy was smart enough to make enough thru GSG to pay my energy costs for the next 2 years if not longer. if you cant beat em join em.

its to the point that we all have to be smart enough to not leave our biggest expenses food and energy totally unhedged in our lives. i think its imperative almost to own some commodities fund

its like buying auto insurance or home insurance, except the odds are this you will use. and if it drops, hey thats good. it means everything else will do better. the big dummy aint the suburban owner its the dummy who didnt protect themselves against the price increases we are seeing and just paid and paid with no little rebate for themselves from the likes of gsg,dbc,uso etc.

Same here with energy costs. I have enough to cover 7 even 8 bucks a gallon for years. But the real issue is that our country is put together with cheap oil. Roads interstates suburban sprawl no railroads for passenger service, walmart on wheels products that are moved byTRUCK!!

Nope most people are living paycheck to paycheck. Now using run up credit cards to pay the 50 to 60 dollars a fill up, that never get paid off in the future. I guess when the credit cards get maxed out and the people start crying the govmint will have to bail out those morons also?

Nope most people are living paycheck to paycheck. Now using run up credit cards to pay the 50 to 60 dollars a fill up, that never get paid off in the future. I guess when the credit cards get maxed out and the people start crying the govmint will have to bail out those morons also?

Or they might see the light and buy a more fuel efficient car and slow down to cut gas expenses.

Or they might see the light and buy a more fuel efficient car and slow down to cut gas expenses.

The problem is most are upside down on the payments of their 6 and 7 year suv car loans!! Yes I know a guy with a suburban 2006 owes 27K today on it. Its worth maybe 15 to 18 on a trade in. Nope he is screwed.

You must bike or walk every where. I guess if I didn't play golf, I wouldn't fill up as often as I do. My club is a 20 minute drive for me. Give up golf? Not an option. :)

Neither, although we do ride alot when the weather warms up. I ride a MC for my w**k commute.

FYI all Oil hit $110 today.

DD

new numbers since we hit 110...

115, 120 or 150 a barrel??

It will peak -- and the bubble will pop -- as soon as I give up and go all in.

I'd lose my butt but I might become a national hero.

Seriously -- the drop in the dollar can't fully explain oil prices. People are always chasing a bubble somewhere, relying on the Greater Fool Theory and that they can get out with a profit before it blows up in their face.

The problem is most are upside down on the payments of their 6 and 7 year suv car loans!! Yes I know a guy with a suburban 2006 owes 27K today on it. Its worth maybe 15 to 18 on a trade in. Nope he is screwed.

Where will all these used Suburbans end up? No one will want to buy them. It's unlikely you'll be able to give them away once gas hits the stratosphere. Probably they will end up in the SUV graveyard where they will be mashed to smithereenes and sold for scrap. Woe is the SUV.

Back
Top Bottom