Olympics ???

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
If you could be in the Olympics what event would you be in ? You don't have to be trained in the sport . It just has to fit you . I'd be in swimming in the summer olympics ( butterfly preferred ) and the luge in the winter Olympics .

Triathlon, since I've already got a good start, having completed an Ironman on three different occasions. I'd still get my butt handed to me in the Olympics though, even if I could sneak into the women's race. :D

If you could be in the Olympics what event would you be in ? You don't have to be trained in the sport . It just has to fit you . I'd be in swimming in the summer olympics ( butterfly preferred ) and the luge in the winter Olympics .

Since i'm 6'6", thin, with size 16 feet(flippers), I guess 200m freestyle swimming would be a good fit. Also beach volleyball although I can't jump very high. Do they have any indoor events in the winter olympics?;)

Shooting or boxing, but then again, it will never happen.

Since i'm 6'6", thin, with size 16 feet(flippers), I guess 200m freestyle swimming would be a good fit. Also beach volleyball although I can't jump very high. Do they have any indoor events in the winter olympics?;)

Speedskating is now done indoors, or you could chose curling or hockey.

Ping-pong. Shooting looks like fun, but I've never tried it.

It seems like most of the sports I enjoy watching favor athletes much taller or shorter than the average population. I wonder how many Olympians are between 5'4 and 5'10.

I would do the 5000 meter run. I medaled in one a few weeks ago - 3rd in my age group at a nearby fun-run. Next stop is the olympics.

In my younger days I was shooting for Tae Kwon Do. I even won several state and national tournaments, and never went home without a trophy. One of the guys I used to test/compete/spar against was ranked 2 in the nation. Me and this guy would be first or second at every tournament we went to. It just depended on the day who was in which place. I went to a state tournament won second and qualified for a national. I took third in the national tournament and qualified for the the Jr. Olympics. Up to that point I had received some monetary support from my father and his wife. When I qualified for the Jr. Olympics all monetary support dried up and I couldn't afford to go to the bigger tournaments anymore, so I didn't even answer the letter inviting me to train for the Jr. Olympics. I still love the sport and would love to go in Tae Kwon Do.

Luge, most definitely. I'd have to have a male partner though. Perhaps I could start a new trend of "mixed doubles".

Who can't keep his Hans off of you? :D

I was a not-so-high jumper in high school, and ran the 440, but, if we're dreaming, I'd choose either the 100m or the 1500m. Or, as we called it in olden days, the 100 yard dash, and the mile run... :rolleyes:

Don't the beach volleyball girls need a [-]masseur[/-] trainer?

Who can't keep his Hans off of you? :D

I was a not-so-high jumper in high school, and ran the 440, but, if we're dreaming, I'd choose either the 100m or the 1500m. Or, as we called it in olden days, the 100 yard dash, and the mile run... :rolleyes:

I had an unusual mix of events, 800, high jump, and 1600 meter relay. I guess I would like to have been good enough to be on the Olympic team.......

Don't the beach volleyball girls need a [-]masseur[/-] trainer?

No, but I heard the US and Russian women pole vaulters and Paraguay's woman javelin thrower is looking for a masseur......... ;)

Winter Luge and/or Bobsled

Summer tough choice between beach volleyball, and BMX that new dirt bike event, it looks like a blast.

Marathon and giant slalom, I guess. Or maybe archery--that's kind of like darts, right?

Back
Top Bottom