One For The Book!

Sundance Kid

Recycles dryer sheets
Got up this morning, staggered to the window to see what the day looked like.

There, sitting a tree, not more than 40 feet from me, Was a ----- DUCK!!

I called the Wife.----- "What's that in the tree?" She said, "It looks like a duck." ( And she doesn't know a duck, from a water buffalo.)

How it got there, I do not know. Why, was it there?

By the time I located my 10 power binocs, it was gone.

Anyone,-- Ever heard of this? Do ducks land in trees?

Wood ducks often land in trees. What part of the country do you live in?

I live in Kansas. Not far from a park and lake. We frequently see geese and ducks flying over.

This was not a Wood Duck! Looked more like a mallard hen, maybe a young one.

this is very funny to me because i had the same experience in my 30s when i lived on a lake. one day i saw a duck in a tree and i freaked. i couldn't figure out how it climbed up there. my brain had this synoptic collapse because before i could wrap it around the concept of a duck in a tree all i could think of was seeing ducks on the lake, or waddling on the shore. ducks, you know, are really just squat penguins, so the subject in view was just too out of context for my brain to get the concept of a duck in a tree.

it was only after i brought to mind the picture of a duck flying through the air that my brain could make any sense of this. "oh!" realized my brain, "so it didn't climb up there." ducks are not penguins. ducks actually fly. so why not a duck in a tree? it was all very disturbing at first; but i'm feeling much better about it now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom