OS Moutain Lion

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Have any of you Mac owners installed OS Mountain Lion on your machine? If so, what year and model is your computer? What do you think of Mountain Lion on your computer?

Running it now. I have an "early 2009" Mac mini. No problems so far -- I did have to apply a couple of maintenance releases to software to be compatible. And maybe it's a placebo effect but this machine feels a little faster and more responsive now.

Generally an early adopter here, but I always wait for the first bug-fix version of a new OS.
I would expect that to be version 10.8.01 or something like that, and I would expect it in about a week or so.

I definitely like the new pricing scheme: Just $20 and you can install it on all the computers in your family.

I am running it on an early 2011 iMac. I like many of the new features including iCloud integration, notification center, reminders, and powernap. If you are into Facebook or Twitter, I am sure you will enjoy the new "sharing" feature. The new OS seems to be running fine so far. I don't see much change in performance relative to OS X Lion.

I recently went through and updated the 3 macs in our family to LION. I like having everything I support on the same version for troubleshooting purposes. The oldest laptop isn't officially supported by Mountain Lion, so I'm going to pass.

-ERD50

I was reading a review of the new MacIntosh OS Lion operating system in today's paper. According to the reviewer the new OS adopts the gatekeeper philosophy somewhat similar to the that on the iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. That is it tries to limit the user to software that either is purchased through the App Store or is from a registered Apple software developer. The reviewer managed to install some software that did not meet these requirements after what he called 'some sleuthing.' He gave no further details.

After a bit of reading (sleuthing) on a Mac oriented website, I found that the new OS has a Gatekeeper feature. You can tell the Mac how strict you want Gatekeeper to be: It can be set to allow only App store software, or adjusted all the way down to allowing any software (the current system for most of us before Mountain Lion.) And one can apparently set in-between steps. Make certain you tell the Gatekeeper what level of protection you want.

Back
Top Bottom