Phone & Android Apps on your PC

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Perhaps this has already been posted somewhere, but since I just discovered it now, I'd like to share it with others, since, so far, it works well for me.

The free Program "BlueStacks" allows you to download phone or tablet apps to your PC, and to run them, using your keyboard and mouse. Since it's still in "Beta", I expected problems, but so far, it has worked seamlessly. and allowed me to download some apps that are not available as programs on the desktop or laptop.

As a bonus, the "SoundHound" app can be downloaded used on the PC. It automatically recognizes music, and provides the words to the song being played, as in Karaoke. You can even humm the song, and it recognizes it, and brings up the lyrics.

The other really convenient feature, is that you can also download "BlueStack Cloud", that... after you sign in,.... will sync all of your apps to your computers, automatically.

I don't ususally play with this cross/hardware kind of program, and didn't expect it to work, but it was seamless, and this old brain wasn't even challenged. My tablet is not Google approved, but by downloading through my computer, and syncing, some of the programs that I couldn't run before, are now available. go figger!

Since the program is offered in different places, you can google for the download site. CNet is one, and has a review of the program. The original program was apparently a little "buggy", but the newer version has better reviews, and so far has worked perfectly for me.

Happy trails!:)

Last edited:
Thanks. Just downloaded the Soundhound app and blew DW mind, lol. It only failed recognizing 1 song out of 25 we played from 5 different genres and over 40 years. It didn't recognize my singing but probably because 5 seconds of that horrible screeching probably overloaded the microphone. Ha

This is awesome - thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom