Simple Checklist App for Android Phone (Galaxy S)

Ian S

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For years, I've used something called QuickNote to provide a check list for items to pack or do prior to a trip. Unfortunately, it's no longer supported and has a flaw whereby it tries to save to an sdcard which my latest phone no longer possesses. I could still use it but I have to input all the items from an old phone and I'd rather make a switch if possible to a new supported app with a working save feature say to Dropbox or Google Drive or?. Because this checklist is reused at indeterminate intervals (new trips, etc.) it would be nice to have a one-click feature feature to reset the checkmarks. Obviously, it has to be able to be modified with added items and change the order of the items in the checklist. If it has also a simple text feature, all the better but it's really the checklist I'm looking for. Prefer a free app but willing to pay a nominal amount as well.

For years, I've used something called QuickNote to provide a check list for items to pack or do prior to a trip. Unfortunately, it's no longer supported and has a flaw whereby it tries to save to an sdcard which my latest phone no longer possesses. I could still use it but I have to input all the items from an old phone and I'd rather make a switch if possible to a new supported app with a working save feature say to Dropbox or Google Drive or?. Because this checklist is reused at indeterminate intervals (new trips, etc.) it would be nice to have a one-click feature feature to reset the checkmarks. Obviously, it has to be able to be modified with added items and change the order of the items in the checklist. If it has also a simple text feature, all the better but it's really the checklist I'm looking for. Prefer a free app but willing to pay a nominal amount as well.
In Google Keep you can create a checklist or convert a multi line note to a checklist.

In Google Keep you can create a checklist or convert a multi line note to a checklist.
Well, that was quick! I'm trying it out now and it looks like it will be fine for my needs. Also has an indent feature which may be quite useful! Now I can just dictate items which makes it easier to reconstitute the checklist from my old camera. Thanks!

Well, that was quick! I'm trying it out now and it looks like it will be fine for my needs. Also has an indent feature which may be quite useful! Now I can just dictate items which makes it easier to reconstitute the checklist from my old camera. Thanks!
[emoji106]

I was just coming on to say google keep.
It's my go to checklist/notes app and bonus is that it's fully integrated in the google workspace/android world. I can create a keep list on my computer, and it's available on my phone. (convenient for grocery lists).

Same - Dh and I share a list for grocery shopping, and we have sections for which store. It's also easy to remove stuff

OP has received an acceptable solution. After that solution was offered, some have brought up groceries, so I wish to offer an alternative Android solution for groceries. Our Groceries. There is a free version and a paid version. I have free. DW has paid. We keep multiple lists. You can scan the bar code of the item in your home that is almost empty. You can organize by category such as Produce. That way, you can get all of the fresh stuff while you are in that section. Here are some of our lists: Groceries, Plants we have to give away, Walmart, Hardware store.

Everyone beat me to it. Google Keep is the answer.

We have a shared grocery list. Need something? Add it to the list. Check them (not "X" to delete them) as you buy them. The list grows over time until everything you might need is already on the list. Just uncheck the ones you're running out of.

In an upcoming update Google Keep is adding the ability to format text. You will be able to underline, bold, italicize, etc.

Back
Top Bottom