Pictures and Video from our Hawaii Trip

nice pics... wheres your lay:confused::confused::confused::confused:

how did you do the scrap book thing? i love it

These are great pics! Makes me want to write out that resignation letter now to the boss and buy a board...thanks

Hillbilly

Great pictures went last year, thanks for sharing , thought I was fine until I saw your pictures now I want to go back , hooked I am..paradise it is....

Kathyet

That was one heck of a coral cut.

It looks a lot worse than it was. I didn't even know it was bleeding until after we took the picture. The coral there is dead coral, so there doesn't seem to be any infection.

nice pics... where's your lay?

She was taking the photo.

It looks a lot worse than it was. I didn't even know it was bleeding until after we took the picture. The coral there is dead coral, so there doesn't seem to be any infection.

Glad to hear that! It did look pretty nasty in the photos so I'm glad to hear that it is not that bad, and not infected. I still have scars from a bad coral cut that I got in my youth.

Really enjoyed the photos. :D

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like everyone had a great time. Its great to see pics like these during the winter.

Someone sent me a PM asking what I used to make the album. The answer: Microsoft Frontpage.

I started doing it with Blogspot, but that would have meant uploading the photos a few at a time. Frontpage was easier.

thanks for the beautiful picture. u guys look like u're having a blast.

enuff

Reminds me of our trip to Hawaii in Feb. The first restaurant upstairs we also had a drink there one night. Last trip we stayed at Resort Quest with an ocean front room, however we found the room a tad too small. This time we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, only slightly more expensive, but with a mountain view and a bigger room.

Good tip about some of the restaurants you went to. I will add them to our list for next time.

Nords, my wife and I will be out for our lesson in two years.:)
We'll be here:
White Plains Beach, Kalaeloa
(This surfcam is best viewed during daylight hours.)

I so regret not getting my free lesson with Nords. Nords, it looks like your daughter has grown taller and she is very lovely.
Thanks! She's pushing 5'9" and her driver's permit.

Thanks for the pictures. Brings back memories - lived in Mililani, Hawaii in my developmental years (1970s) -
Aside from the gas station by the golf course, you wouldn't recognize the place. Over 14,000 homes, H-2 from Wahiawa to Pearl Harbor, four lanes on Kam Hwy, a high school, a middle school, six feeder elementary schools, a huge shopping center, a multicineplex...

Last edited:
Last time I was in Hawaii was during Army ROTC training at Tripler Medical Center in 1989. During that summer, was able to visit my old stomping grounds in Mililani. My older brother was in the first year that Mililani High School was in existence, while I attended Kipapa Elementary School and Wheeler AFB Intermediate School. Kamehemehe Highway was the main thoroughfare back then. No H1, H2 back then. Father flew Army helicopters out of Wheeler AFB for a lot of years. Discovered that one of my childhood friends was coaching the Mililani Trojans football team. Talk about the years flying by.

My father had the chance to buy the 3 bedroom house that we rented for about $60k. He didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if that same house would sell for $300-400k nowadays. Clearly remember as a child seeing sunlight shine through the walls in that flimsy Hawaiian home.

Would love to retire in Hawaii, but too many aging relatives in FLA that will need assistance in the next decade or two.

Al, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I haven't been around here much lately but weren't you musing on increasing your spending a bit? I have a suggestion, maybe upgrading your choice of beer from Natural Light might be a start? :p

Al, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I haven't been around here much lately but weren't you musing on increasing your spending a bit? I have a suggestion, maybe upgrading your choice of beer from Natural Light might be a start? :p

:2funny:

Priceless...

Back
Top Bottom