Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Great pics! Man its on my to do list.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #22

Al - I recognize that board that Nords daughter had - I used it! Great pics - yup gotta love the umbrella drinks. Looks like you made yourself 'earn' them like we did - earned with fund activities of course!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #23

Thanks for posting the great pictures, Al. Looks like you had a fantastic time. Makes me want to return also. My girlfriend is going in 04/08 and wanted me to go back with her again, but I want to go with my DH next time, so I am waiting.

I so regret not getting my free lesson with Nords. Nords, it looks like your daughter has grown taller and she is very lovely.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #24
Administrator

Looks like you had a great time, Al!

That was one heck of a coral cut. Don't know if you have had one before, but they sometimes take a while to heal. Oh well. Souvenirs come in a lot of varieties. If it takes a long time to heal, then you can remember how much fun you had in Hawaii when you take care of it.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.

Thanks for posting!

The photos were lovely. Glad you had a good time!
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
Here they are:

Waikiki 2008
Thanks for the pictures. Brings back memories - lived in Mililani, Hawaii in my developmental years (1970s) - I still catch myself speaking Pidgeon Englsih thirty years later.

Plan it to return again using Space A travel to Hickam AFB soon after retiring.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #27
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

nice pics... wheres your lay

how did you do the scrap book thing? i love it
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

These are great pics! Makes me want to write out that resignation letter now to the boss and buy a board...thanks

Hillbilly
Old 03-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
Recycles dryer sheets

Great pictures went last year, thanks for sharing , thought I was fine until I saw your pictures now I want to go back , hooked I am..paradise it is....

Kathyet
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
That was one heck of a coral cut.
It looks a lot worse than it was. I didn't even know it was bleeding until after we took the picture. The coral there is dead coral, so there doesn't seem to be any infection.

Quote:
nice pics... where's your lay?
She was taking the photo.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #31
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
It looks a lot worse than it was. I didn't even know it was bleeding until after we took the picture. The coral there is dead coral, so there doesn't seem to be any infection.
Glad to hear that! It did look pretty nasty in the photos so I'm glad to hear that it is not that bad, and not infected. I still have scars from a bad coral cut that I got in my youth.

Really enjoyed the photos.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #32

Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like everyone had a great time. Its great to see pics like these during the winter.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Someone sent me a PM asking what I used to make the album. The answer: Microsoft Frontpage.

I started doing it with Blogspot, but that would have meant uploading the photos a few at a time. Frontpage was easier.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

thanks for the beautiful picture. u guys look like u're having a blast.

enuff
Old 03-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #35

Reminds me of our trip to Hawaii in Feb. The first restaurant upstairs we also had a drink there one night. Last trip we stayed at Resort Quest with an ocean front room, however we found the room a tad too small. This time we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, only slightly more expensive, but with a mountain view and a bigger room.

Good tip about some of the restaurants you went to. I will add them to our list for next time.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Nords, my wife and I will be out for our lesson in two years.
We'll be here:
White Plains Beach, Kalaeloa
(This surfcam is best viewed during daylight hours.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I so regret not getting my free lesson with Nords. Nords, it looks like your daughter has grown taller and she is very lovely.
Thanks! She's pushing 5'9" and her driver's permit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Brings back memories - lived in Mililani, Hawaii in my developmental years (1970s) -
Aside from the gas station by the golf course, you wouldn't recognize the place. Over 14,000 homes, H-2 from Wahiawa to Pearl Harbor, four lanes on Kam Hwy, a high school, a middle school, six feeder elementary schools, a huge shopping center, a multicineplex...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #37
Recycles dryer sheets

Last time I was in Hawaii was during Army ROTC training at Tripler Medical Center in 1989. During that summer, was able to visit my old stomping grounds in Mililani. My older brother was in the first year that Mililani High School was in existence, while I attended Kipapa Elementary School and Wheeler AFB Intermediate School. Kamehemehe Highway was the main thoroughfare back then. No H1, H2 back then. Father flew Army helicopters out of Wheeler AFB for a lot of years. Discovered that one of my childhood friends was coaching the Mililani Trojans football team. Talk about the years flying by.

My father had the chance to buy the 3 bedroom house that we rented for about $60k. He didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if that same house would sell for $300-400k nowadays. Clearly remember as a child seeing sunlight shine through the walls in that flimsy Hawaiian home.

Would love to retire in Hawaii, but too many aging relatives in FLA that will need assistance in the next decade or two.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #38
Full time employment: Posting here.

Al, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I haven't been around here much lately but weren't you musing on increasing your spending a bit? I have a suggestion, maybe upgrading your choice of beer from Natural Light might be a start?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderALot View Post
Al, great pictures, thanks for sharing.

I haven't been around here much lately but weren't you musing on increasing your spending a bit? I have a suggestion, maybe upgrading your choice of beer from Natural Light might be a start?

Priceless...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote