Place in the woods

Golden Mean

Recycles dryer sheets
Being bad and posting from work, but I didn't want to forget to post this.

We (wife and I) are heading out to our cabin in the woods this weekend. We've been building this ourselves for awhile now. Finally getting back out there after about 3 months. We're supposed to be going every 3 weeks or so. :blush:

Here's my site with pics:
In the Sticks

The plan is off the grid. Solar and maybe wind power. I've wired the cabin for 120 VAC and (probably) 24V DC. Wood heat.

GM

Looks great! Thanks for posting. :)
I've had dreams of building on my property.

Thanks for posting. Great place you have there. I've always wanted to have acreage and a cabin, but DW says no way.

Enjoy!

I enjoyed the tour of the property and the construction details. Do you have it completed yet? How about some "finished product" pics?
I would enjoy seeing the finished inside. Good job.

Looks like a cozy set up. Going to hang a big deck/patio/screen porch off to the side? Will you hunt? So many options run through my mind when I see a place like that.

Nice sig. line, btw. Made me think of a song.

Gary Jules - Mad World - YouTube

-CC

Being bad and posting from work, but I didn't want to forget to post this.

We (wife and I) are heading out to our cabin in the woods this weekend. We've been building this ourselves for awhile now. Finally getting back out there after about 3 months. We're supposed to be going every 3 weeks or so. :blush:

Here's my site with pics:
In the Sticks

The plan is off the grid. Solar and maybe wind power. I've wired the cabin for 120 VAC and (probably) 24V DC. Wood heat.

GM

SOUNDS GREAT! Enjoy

Nice property. I admire people who can take on a project and make it happen with their own hands. I can write a few checks but that's about it.:blink:

I enjoyed the tour of the property and the construction details. Do you have it completed yet? How about some "finished product" pics?
I would enjoy seeing the finished inside. Good job.
Hehe, me too.:LOL: Seriously though, it's not done yet. I've got to double check that the most current pics are up, but what's out there should be pretty close. This weekend, I was doing more of the vinyl overhangs outside and drywall mudding inside.
Great cabin! Great web site!

Thanks for sharing. How are you getting your water?
Thanks! Right now we don't have water other then what we bring with us. The plan is to have a 500-1000 gal cistern up hill far enough for 50ft of head (drop). Then a (fairly deep) well running a solar powered water pump would keep the cistern filled.
Looks like a cozy set up. Going to hang a big deck/patio/screen porch off to the side? Will you hunt? So many options run through my mind when I see a place like that.
Yeah, the plan is run a nice (covered) deck around at least 2 sides. I may hunt someday, if things work out. It's on 45 acres, so if we ever get the thing (mostly) finished, there's a lot of photography I'd like to do too.
Nice sig. line, btw. Made me think of a song.

-CC
Yeah, my quote is from that song. The (very different from Gary's version) original is by Tears for Fears.

GM

Back
Top Bottom