Play a Musical Instrument?

Been playing at the guitar since I was a kid, so about fifty years now. Don't play much these days, and only play for my amusement.

Have played in a couple of bands for short periods, but it turns something I enjoy into a j*b, a very low-paying j*b...

I play the guitar for relaxation and my enjoyment. During my w*orking days it was a great stress reliever. Now a days I only bare finger pick as I find that much more challenging than strumming chords.

If I could play another instrument it would be the piano.

RAP is music but not to my liking.

Played trumpet in jr hi and hi school band. Practiced a lot, and got to be half-decent. Admire and appreciate listening to anyone who has mastery over an instrument, be it trumpet, cello, guitar, harmonica, voice, whatever....

Took accordian lessons when I was about 8 years old and hated every minute of them. Now I am trying to learn with an electronic keyboard.

Used to play electric bass in HS.

Added acoustic 6 string in college (girls weren't interested in bass solos).

Karaoke is the the only music I do nowadays, hehe!

Used to play electric bass in HS.

Added acoustic 6 string in college (girls weren't interested in bass solos).

Karaoke is the the only music I do nowadays, hehe!

A bass player is worth their weight in gold, as is a drummer.

You can get the girls other ways.

I play piano. No downsizing here either, with a 7" grand in the living room and a digital piano in my office.

I play all of these off and on, with greater or lesser skill. I'm good enough on the sax, recorder, and the bass to play along with others. I can play a guitar acceptably too, although I currently only have the little backpacker on the wall. I'm trying to teach myself the flute. I used to be able to play "Color My World" back when I was in a Chicago cover band in the 70s, but I never learned the scales. It's going to take a while to get better at it. I can sing, too, assuming everybody within earshot is drunk.

DSCF0157.jpg

Wait...I don't think I got to hear you sing, Harley! But there's still time. :)

That would be something for the ER-forum record books...how many of you I've heard sing at least one song! This might get added to the old bucket list.

PS: Seng, I think you might just sing better than some people we know! ;)

Nope. I tried the clarinet for 2 weeks during middle school. I came from a completely unmusical family. The last music class I had was in eighth grade. However, I do support music education for kids. However, I don't have kids so I have no idea about what they teach in the schools.

Guitar and Uke.... actually, more uke than guitar.. have 4 tenors and a sop. Not a singer or strummer just a picker... really enjoyed learning uke in past 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 5
As long as we're posting pictures;)

Three of the keyboards along with one flute and two recorders.

Attachments

• Music Room.jpg
    Music Room.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom