Music: Getting-Storing-Playing-Where?

Converted many of our CDs to iTunes to put own our iPods, then pretty much stopped buying CDs and buy the music from the iTunes store the other mp3 provider. Not interested in CDs anymore - not even in the car.

We upgraded all our car radios to have an iPod/USB input for music and we can send music wirelessly from our iPads or computers to our stereos in the house. So we really don't need CDs.

I have a question for you all: how does one "get" Pandora or Spotify in one's car, using one's iPhone for example? Or walking down the street for that matter?

Forgive my ignorance in this: wouldn't you be sending your data plan through the roof if you aren't connected to wifi?

I love all the music on my iPhone, but I still like to "listen to the radio" to discover something new or rediscover an old tune I had forgotten about. So I would love to listen to Pandora or Spotify when out and about (commercial radio stations are awful), but haven't figured out how you can get all that audio data when not connected to wifi. Am I missing something? thanks!

My iPhone data plan is unlimited so not an issue. But I will say that streaming music is not as data intensive as you think.

My iPhone data plan is unlimited so not an issue. But I will say that streaming music is not as data intensive as you think.

Lets take an example an hour long recording tends to be between 50 and 60 mb in the wma format for example. Assume its 60 mb so that is 1 mb/min or about 16.7 kilobytes/sec or 133,333 kbits/sec (not counting overhead).

Back
Top Bottom