Poll: Biggest Credit Card

What is the largest credit card limit you have?

• Less than 5,000

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • 5,000 to 10,000

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • 10,000 to 15,000

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 15,000 to 20,000

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 20,000 to 25,000

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • 25,000 to 30,000

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • 30,000 to 50,000

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • 50,000 to 100,000

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Greater than 100,000

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Maybe $25K?

I do not pay attention as my wife always pays them off at the end of the month, and we do not spend anywhere near that limit each month to find out.

Maybe $25K?

I do not pay attention as my wife always pays them off at the end of the month, and we do not spend anywhere near that limit each month to find out.

If you care enough to look, the credit limit is usually indicated on the monthly statements.

I have two credit cards and only use one occasionally. One limit is 20,000 and the other 12,000. I know I'm missing out on points but I prefer using my bank debit card for daily purchases. I also shop at Target weekly for groceries, pet food, etc and use the Target red card for savings.

3 active cards all in the 10 to 15k ranges. I had one (forget which one) automatically increase one of mine a few years ago so I called all my credit card companies and asked them not to increase my card limits unless I made such a request. So far, so good with that.

My average CC bill is about 2k each month, which I always pay in full, so I really don't want or need higher limits.

Last edited:
Our PenFed has a limit of $50,000 but I only use it for gas. I just canceled a Capital One card that I haven't used in many years, it had a $30,000 limit. My credit score went down one point for that. Oh my!

Asked my wife which one of our cards has the biggest limit. We have about 8 different ones that we don't carry a balance on. Explained why I wanted to know. (poll)
She said I scared her by asking which was the biggest. : )

it was 8pm

I'm a little surprised. I've never had the slightest problem buying a car with a personal check. Dealers have always treated it like cash, and no delay on getting the title. Maybe they got nervous because you first offered the credit card?

im not certain, but as i mentioned it was 8pm so maybe they couldnt verify the check, im not certain,

I have absolutely no idea what the limits on our credit cards are and have never had a reason to wonder.

I have absolutely no idea what the limits on our credit cards are and have never had a reason to wonder.

A reason to wonder might be this:
Your credit score considers your total available credit and the percentage of it you actually use. Your credit score can affect your insurance rates.

Your credit score considers your total available credit and the percentage of it you actually use. Your credit score can affect your insurance rates.

OK, you made me look. Limits on 3 cards vary from 15k to 18k. I think DW has 1 with a higher limit. FICO score is 827, so I'm good.:dance:

I have $6k on my main card and I increased it to that limit about 2 years ago. My backup card, which used to be my main card until 3 years ago, has some limit I don't even know for sure. It might be $7,500 but I use it only once a year through a small, automatic charge to keep it open.

We added a card since it gave bonus miles for signing up and spending a certain amount, and we knew we would exceed it just with our Asia trip expenses. It has a credit limit of $30k.

:) Actually I have no idea what our credit score might be either. Other than mortgages long since paid off, we have never really borrowed any money. There was one case of stupidity right out of graduate school, but since then we have never had car loans, either.

To your point, though, I have a $250K personal line of credit that has not been used for several years. It's left over from a business deal that has long since passed. So probably the scoring algorithm has us with credit card balances at 1 or 2% of available credit. If that doesn't make it happy, there's not much I can do.

I opened a bunch of credit cards in 2015, then closed a bunch, my credit score was 840 recently. But I read the highest score is 900 so It was a bit of a let down.

I opened a bunch of credit cards in 2015, then closed a bunch, my credit score was 840 recently. But I read the highest score is 900 so It was a bit of a let down.

There are multiple "credit scores" and they have different ranges. There are even multiple "FICO" credit scores and ranges actually.

I wasn't sure of the highest available, so I pulled up Credit Karma and see that it's the Chase Sapphire card @ $31,500. More surprising is that all of my open cards combined have an available credit of $186,000!!! I was very busy the last couple of years churning cards, so haven't really realized how many are open (15 accounts as of today) but I don't worry about it too much since I watch the credit reports pretty close.

And as far as credit score and new accounts, I have rarely seen a drop of more than 8-10 points (for about 2 months) after opening a new card and my score has yet to drop below 800 (usually sits around 815-825 according to Credit Karma).

Back
Top Bottom