Poll: Sending Old Christmas Cards - tacky or brilliant?

Is Sending Old Christmas Cards tacky or brilliant?

• Sending old Christmas cards is tacky

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Sending old Christmas cards is brilliant

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • I do not send Christmas cards

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • other

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters
As the Internet has grown and developed, sending cards has declined. My guess is that most cards sent today are from "older people". Young people do e-cards if any at all. My great memory (I'm 75) is receiving cards in the 1960's when I was growing up, from people all over the USA - from those that served with my dad in France in WWII. EVERY card had a hand-written note (or even a long letter!) with all the news that happened since their annual WWII reunion that his outfit held every June. The cards were beautiful, and the notes were great.

My parents would get hundreds of Christmas cards, and send out probably just as many. They would hang them on strings from corner to corner of the living and dining rooms.

Dad would write a poem type letter about our year, sometimes embarrassing to us kids, and mimeograph (old style sort of photo-copy) and put one in each card.

I miss those days, but appreciate the photo cards we get, that maybe number 20.

We love getting cards and especially appreciate getting notes from people. Virtually all of our cards we send have at least a couple of lines (or more) of notes. We occasionally receive thanks for the "news" as well as the card. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom