Poll: Did you ever own/wear a leisure suit (be honest)?

Be honest! Did you ever own/wear a leisure suit?

• Yes, I wore one back in the day (70's), didn't everyone?

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • No, I dodged that trend somehow, or I just can't admit it even anonymously

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Yes, and I still do. So do all my friends...

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
No, but my husband at the time did. (He later became my ex-husband, but to be honest, it had nothing to do with the leisure suit. It had to do with his secretary.)

I was a men's wear buyer during the disco age so I got most of my clothing for free. I may have owned a leisure suit (don't quite remember but I did own many floral & scenic shirts & Nik Nik shirts (the ones with things going into or coming out of the chest pocket). I never owned a Nehru suit.

Well, I call my birthday suit my leisure suit, so I guess the answer is yes........:)

No leisure suits and no disco dancing. But I did own a video game called Leisure Suit Larry

I still have that game on floppy: "Leisure Suit Larry and the Revenge of the Lounge Lizards"..........

audreyh1 said:
Are you expecting only men to answer your poll?:angel:

There were plenty of awesome poly "pant suits" being sold during that era also ( well maybe a bit earlier ?)

I voted no. Not only no but hell no! I thought they were the ugliest thing ever invented. When DW and I got married in 1972, 2nd time for both of us, we decided we wanted nothing fancy. I wore a suit and DW wore a very nice dress as did her maid of honor. My best man shows up in a leisure suit. Surprised me! I gave him a hard time about it as I really hated the things. Six months later he was killed in an accident and his family buried him in that suit. So, I have a bad memory of the leisure suit.

Never a liesure suit but I did wear a hideous powder blue tuxedo to my senior prom. I Was stylin!!!

My date for senior prom showed up in the awful concoction below, yikes! I was fairly mortified as the picture depicts. I might have preferred the powder blue one you wore! All the other guys wore normal black tuxes.

Midpack, my DH would kill to have that green one you posted, for our St. Pat's party!

Attachments

• Prom.jpg
    Prom.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
Don't forget while the guys were wearing leisure suits we women were wearing platform shoes ,bell bottoms and hot pants !:):)

This [-]thread [/-]post is useless without pictures.....

My date for senior prom showed up in the awful concoction below, yikes! I was fairly mortified as the picture depicts. I might have preferred the powder blue one you wore! All the other guys wore normal black tuxes.

Midpack, my DH would kill to have that green one you posted, for our St. Pat's party!

Great picture Sarah! One look says it all.....

Born in 72, you would think I dodged the leisure suit bullet. You would be wrong.

My parents tricked me out in one for some pics from Olan-Mills photography when I was about 4! Naive at that age, I wore it proudly, with a large grin.

Never one to miss a chance to mortify me, my mother happily made a copy for my wife as soon as we got married. Similarly, my wife proudly displays it in our living room, where all guests can see it.

Damn you, leisure suit designer!

A picture will NOT be forthcoming. The last thing I need is for that picture to go viral.

Born in 72, you would think I dodged the leisure suit bullet. You would be wrong.

My parents tricked me out in one for some pics from Olan-Mills photography when I was about 4! Naive at that age, I wore it proudly, with a large grin.

Never one to miss a chance to mortify me, my mother happily made a copy for my wife as soon as we got married. Similarly, my wife proudly displays it in our living room, where all guests can see it.

Damn you, leisure suit designer!

A picture will NOT be forthcoming. The last thing I need is for that picture to go viral.

Growing up in the 60's I embrced something the Jefferson Airplane wrote,

"Share a little joke with the world".

In 1975 I had a brown one. Steve Austin had nothing on me! I had the white shoes and belt also but thankfully did not wear them with the leisure suit. My only defense is I was eleven and did not pick out or buy my own cloths then.

Extra points if it was pastel !
Mine was pastel sage green, complete with the groovy Quiana shirt. And the stack shoes. I was killin' it!
Like Gumby, mine was pastel beige (is that even a color?). I also had a psychedelic paisley shirt whose feedstock went straight from the oil well to the polyester plant.

And, of course, those rockin' two-tone stack shoes, with a little extra in the heel to keep up with those hot older women in the high school senior class.

There were plenty of awesome poly "pant suits" being sold during that era also ( well maybe a bit earlier ?)
I had several of them. They were all Navy blue, made of fire-retardant material, and referred to as "submarine coveralls"... they even had sewn-on name badges and insignia!

Heck no. I never wear any kind of suits, I am a jeans ( in winter) , shorts (in summer) and tee shirt person. I don't even own a suit now and do not plan on ever buying on. I stay at home most of the time unless I am playing golf. oldtrig

Back
Top Bottom