Question about home appliances?

I refuse to feel guilty about it.

I'll do you one better...I installed a dual showerhead in our master shower, and took both the water regulators out. I'd originally done this so that when Gabe wants to take a shower with me or his mom, one of us isnt standing under the water while the other freezes.

Sometimes I turn on both showerheads at the same time when I'm in there by myself. Its like being under Niagara Falls.

We've had this one for over six months and it's more than lived up to its hype

Little handheld showerhead. You can tell who was in the Navy and who wasnt. ;)

My dad, at age 75, still takes a shower by getting wet, turning the shower off, soaping up, turning the shower back on to rinse and then turning it off again. He's had the city over to his house 3 times to check the water meter because it was turning in numbers so low they thought it was broken.

Hey, it comes with wall/spigot attachments. The nice thing about this low-flow showerhead is that you don't have to feel guilty. Plenty of spray, plenty of pressure, no clogging. And in a pinch it can also be used to pressure-wash the walls!

My dad, at age 75, still takes a shower by getting wet, turning the shower off, soaping up, turning the shower back on to rinse and then turning it off again. He's had the city over to his house 3 times to check the water meter because it was turning in numbers so low they thought it was broken.
Been there, done that, won't do it anymore. Especially when spouse and I already save so much water by showering together.

It turns out that the entire adult human lifecycle (including food prep & laundry) can be supported by the Navy's habitability goal of 22 gallons per day. Extra required for flushing toilets if they don't use seawater.

The submariner's quarters in Yokosuka & Subic Bay had waterfall showerheads with such heavy flow that you practically needed a SCUBA regulator to stand under them. After a month or two at sea (especially if the evaporator had been breaking down) I'd just stand under it for five minutes... with a cold beer... it was almost as good as going on liberty. At least until I finished the beer.

Last edited:
Wow...toilets, washers, wire hangers, Joan Crawford, waffles, showerheads and submarines all in the same thread with just 28 posts. Is this a record?

Wow...toilets, washers, wire hangers, Joan Crawford, waffles, showerheads and submarines all in the same thread with just 28 posts. Is this a record?

Nonce and shan't?

Bacon! Kayaks!!

Now it is.

Ah, Nords you bring back fond memories of our little sailboat and the miserly water usage it required. Once a week we would buy a $2 shower and stand under the water for a full 5 minutes savoring washing away the salt water crust. We had a foot pump for the sink fresh water and seawater for the toilet. Ah, the fun times.

How romantic that you and your wife shower together all the time!

That's funny, it's been a while since we had a drought.

After two almost rainless rainy seasons we're approaching one. Several areas have voluntary water reduction conditions in place. The reservoirs around here look like a bomb crater that collected a little water in the bottom. You have to drive about 1/2 mile across the former lake bed to get to the muddy waterfront.

Which by the way is fine by dogs and 3 year olds.

Its kinda cool in a few places where they dammed and flooded former communities, since the water level has dropped enough to expose remnants of the towns like buildings and artifacts.

But it'd be really cool if we got some big rain this year.

Yeah, we're way overdue for a real rainy season, straight through from Nov.-late spring; the umbrellas are ready and I won't mind because I don't have to commute in it.

Back
Top Bottom