Question regarding pre paid funeral expenses

gride50

Dryer sheet wannabe
A few years ago, my sister and myself pre-paid our mother's funeral expenses. I am thinking of changing who we have do the service. Before I start to initiate anything, should there be a problem in requesting our money back from the funeral home?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a signed contract? The answers to your questions lie within.

I kinda seriously doubt you'll get your money back; the lower pre-paid price business model depends on not serving everyone who pays.

I kinda seriously doubt you'll get your money back; the lower pre-paid price business model depends on not serving everyone who pays.

Yes, like the gym memberships that people take out, and don't go. The difference is, of course, that we will all "go" to the great RE in the sky at some point!

When we did this, we made the check out to an insurance company, not the funeral home. I suspect you may have done so as well, in which case you could contact the insurance comapny and see if they will let you apply it to another funeral home.

The insurance company might not object to returning your money (without interest) since it will then have been an interest-free loan to them.

Back
Top Bottom