Quicken 2007

mickj

Recycles dryer sheets
Just downloaded the new version of Quicken, I am extremely underwhelmed. It looks like they basically just put a little shading in the bars in the reports and called it a new release. I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was charged as an upgrade rather than the $49.99 full price. Looks like I will be requesting my money back under their 60 day 100% guarantee.

mickj said:
Just downloaded the new version of Quicken, I am extremely underwhelmed. It looks like they basically just put a little shading in the bars in the reports and called it a new release. I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was charged as an upgrade rather than the $49.99 full price. Looks like I will be requesting my money back under their 60 day 100% guarantee.

Yup - They don't even fix their bugs or even want to know about them! - Tried Microsoft Money, no better.

I've got 13 years of Quicken Data, when another product comes out that can successfully convert it (Microsoft Money could not, despite their claims) - I'm switching.

Would love to find something better, but so far no luck.
Unfortunatley it looks like I'll be forced to upgrade next April, since they seem to support only last three years for automatic downloads of data from financial institutions (and I have a 2004 version).

sailor said:
Would love to find something better, but so far no luck.
Unfortunatley it looks like I'll be forced to upgrade next April, since they seem to support only last three years for automatic downloads of data from financial institutions (and I have a 2004 version).
If you stop doing downloads then you don't have to upgrade so often.

But that may be more labor than it's worth. I never got into the download habit so I don't miss it.

My accounting mentor strongly suggested I avoid Quicken, Money and other programs with a glossy veneer for the masses" and get a real (small) accounting program. Learn how to use it and never switch unless ease of migration was guaranteed.

I bought One Write Plus and have been using it since 1994. There is something to be said for having 10+ years of data in the same format. This is not a recommendation just an opinion that canned programs professing to be all things to all people wind up being not much to all.

Back
Top Bottom