Quicken 2014 does not start

Katsmeow

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know we have a lot of Quicken users. I recently bought Quicken 2014. I installed it and downloaded a lot of data and started setting up various things. I also installed the mobile version on my phone.

Anyway, not having looked at it in about 2 weeks, today I wanted to go into the program on my desktop. I am using Windows 8, btw. I have Quicken in my tray and clicked on it. Nothing happened. So I clicked on the icon on the desktop. Nothing happened. I restarted my computer (what I do whenever I don't know what to do). Still wouldn't start. So I went to the exe file and clicked on it directly. Nothing happened.

There is no error message, just nothing happens whatsoever.

Anyone have any idea what to do or what is going on? I can of course uninstall and reinstall but I really don't want to have to do that. And, of course, I'm worried this will happen again....

Can you start and use Internet Explorer ?
We had a similar problems with 2013 Quicken, when one of the automatic Microsoft updates broke IE. Quicken uses some parts of IE.
After fixing IE, Quicken started normally.

IE works fine. I don't usually use it (I use Firefox mostly). But I just fired it up and it is fine.

THe other thing is that Quicken on my phone is updating itself just fine. It is just the desktop version of Quicken that won't start...

Edit: I've fixed it for the moment. I did a search and found the problem being talked about. Some people are apparently having a LOT of problem correcting it. However, I found one long post from someone on how to do it (which I didn't really understand as not enough info given). However, someone else in the thread said to delete the userconfig file and that would solve the problem. So I did that and it did indeed solve it. Just an FYI in case anyone else runs into this.

Last edited:
You can also click on the Quicken data file to start it up.

It should keep all your data through a re-install, though you can always back it up first just to make sure. Not too big a chore, so that would be my next move.

Quicken 2014 updated to R3

So I clicked on the icon on the desktop. Nothing happened. I restarted my computer (what I do whenever I don't know what to do). Still wouldn't start.

I had some problems after a recent update to R3, so I downloaded the 'Mondo Patch' and that fixed it. I have used Quicken since ver. 1 and learned to live with bugs & patches.

What is a Mondo Patch?
Quicken 2014 for Windows Release Notes, Updates, and Mondo Patch - Quicken Support

good luck :)

Microsoft updated my Windows 7 version of IE to 10 last night (from IE9) - haven't tried to run Quicked since then, but mine is 2013. Will try when I get home ... still at w*rk.

Back
Top Bottom