Real, Artificial or No Christmas Tree?

So we are about done decorating. Three full sized trees, 2 mid size and a few small ones. that and about 10 large tubs of decorations. I admit, some years I don't want to so it but once we get going, it's fun.

Since we moved to an apartment, we've switched to a small artificial tree. We generally do not spend Christmas at home, so I think it's a fine solution.

Real tree again this year. Fraser fir about 8 feet. Just brought it in. House smells amazing. Decorations tomorrow. Some of the new artificial trees do look very good but the kids won't let me get one.

Real tree again this year. Fraser fir about 8 feet. Just brought it in. House smells amazing. Decorations tomorrow. Some of the new artificial trees do look very good but the kids won't let me get one.

Nice! I'm jealous for the house smell!

Yes it really is something. Always try to bring some extra boughs in as well and place them around. Can't get enough of it. If ever do go artificial will have to try to find some way to get the scent in. Haven't found a candle that reproduces it.

Two artificial trees for us. A big one in the front window with color coordinated decorations. However the family favorite is the old one in the family room we purchased in 1979 for $28. Lots of memories, homemade ornaments, milestones etc.

Here is a video of Christmas tree harvesting from the pilot's perspective. Awesome flying skills, though I question the risk for what is a decorative item.

Christmas Trees 2011 - Stirring The Stick - YouTube

How neat. That pilot is one with his machine and his payload. Notice how he uses the momentum to sling the tree where he wants it to go. Truly talanted, thanks for sharing.
MRG

Will you have a real, artificial or no Christmas tree this year?

I tried to go with an artificial tree last year but the wife did not like the idea – It now lives in the basement. Time to go shopping for a real tree.

artificial - Last 5 yrs there was no tree at all as we did our annual cruise. Now that we are both retired we will cruise in Jan. at 1/2 the price.

However the family favorite is the old one in the family room we purchased in 1979 for $28. Lots of memories, homemade ornaments, milestones etc.

My tree also contains lots of memories . It is loaded with ornaments collected from our travels and other milestones .The angel that goes on top is a slightly odd doll that has been with me for years during several life changes .

Since moving away from home during college we have always used an artificial tree. For many years when our munchkin was little, we had two. This year after a 27 year run, we are going the way of the Kranks and not having a tree. Some holiday decorations, but no tree.

No tree whatsoever but some decorations, including a very long strand of lites that hang year-long in the family room, but turned on only occasionally.

A few years ago I took my digital camera out to these Christmas stores, nurseries and such, and took tons of photos of various Xmas-related stuff. I saved them on my PC and every year since I put them on a thumb drive that I attach via USB to my 50" HDTV and put it on 'slideshow.' Works great!

First year we are foregoing a tree (always real). Even though we've traveled before we still put one up. This year we had some unexpected travel and when it was already December 5 and we leave again on 19th, we just decided to forget it. DW put some decorative items up, but really no the same. Miss the lights. Did put some strings up outside for the hood.

Plastic with LEDs

Most years I go up into the crawl space attic and pull down ornaments, lights, and a 4 foot artificial pre-lit tree. This year I was just not in the mood (my 13 yo dog died Dec 10), so I took the lazy route and used my instant tree.
I found this beauty along the side of the road for free and gave it a good home. I store it in my downstairs family room, just as is.
I did cut 2 pine branches and brought a small bucket of dirt for a hotel room tree when we went to Nashua NH to visit Mr. B's mom for Christmas. I used a single string of lights, cut some snowflakes out of white paper, and used curled ribbon and girls' elastic hair bands as ornaments.

Attachments

• 0105141648a.jpg
    0105141648a.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom