Sharing a Warning

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Posting this as a friend to a friend.

A warning about AT&T/Directv... I won't go into my month of problems, but will simply refer you to the rating website posted below.... just to read the most recent complaints. After over 20 years with Directv (even before they used the name)
I have been treated like dirt, with over $500 of charges for services never ordered, and which I was not able to cancel. Letters to my atty general, the president of AT&T and the better business bureau finally led to a refund but not until we spent hours on line and on the phone.
Caveat Emptor.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/directv.htm

If anything, understated. :(

Last edited:
Wow, a bunch of horrible experiences when you read the reviews. We have Charter cable and never a issue.

:) well,they do... there's a select by best/worst/recent/oldest... Not too many postings on the best, but they're there...probably family members.

Exactly.

My point is it appears to be a site where people predominately come to complain, therefore many (most?) reviews aren't flattering. And I'm speaking of all products/services/brands, not simply DirecTV. I have no doubt their complaints/ratings are well deserved as I'm a former customer.

All the more reason why I don't like bundling services or signing up with any contracts and like cutting the cord.

We havent had cable to tv for around 1 year now. We dont miss it. We do have internet service so we do stream from netflix.

Glad you received your money back.

I've been with DirecTv since they first came out in the mid 90's (94 or 95 I think). Customer Services was outstanding "then". Easily a 10 out of 10. Over the years their customer services degraded from great, to okay, to bad, to terrible. I've posted here on this topic several times over the years. When AT&T bought them a few years ago, I had high hopes that their customer services would improve. (it couldn't get any worse) Silly me....

Last edited:
I agree that DTV customer service has taken a hit over the course of time. I've subscribed most of the last 15 years, and it was great back 15 years ago, but our recent move experience has not been good.

Back
Top Bottom