Should posters be paid?

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Should posters be paid?
Let's put aside the mechanics and think concept.

Television pays for its programming - the posts are the programming of this forum. Why not get paid for it?

Thoughts?

You mean we'd all have to act responsible for what we say? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That'll take all the fun out of this place.

Seriously there are some great posts here to be sure, but I can't imagine paying for most.

Last time someone said "Why not get paid for it?"...um...oh never mind.

Sure you can pay me, but be forewarned that I charge by the syllable. ;)

Should posters be paid?
Let's put aside the mechanics and think concept.
Television pays for its programming - the posts are the programming of this forum. Why not get paid for it?
Thoughts?
Maybe the concept should be turned around.

Why should we pay more for television than we do for posters? Considering their ubiquity and lack of quality, why should we pay for either?

Well we could have a contest and just pay the most prolific interesting posters . So CFB would have made a bundle !

Hey, this thread is just like the government. We all get together and decide how to spend someone else's money. Whee!

bbbamI, we should put together a committee to study this issue! :LOL:

This will gain us the highest-quality answer, I'm sure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ta,
mew :greetings10:

bbbamI, we should put together a committee to study this issue! :LOL:

This will gain us the highest-quality answer, I'm sure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ta,
mew :greetings10:
Sure, you can count on me. I'm retired...nothin' else to do. I'll finally have an answer to "what do you do all day..." :LOL:

So when do I get my 2 cents for my 2 cents?

Not a bad idea seriously. Maybe there is some way for all the google analytics stuff on here to track whose posts bring in the most traffic? I want my 2 cents for sure. Maybe we can tip the moderators for their benevolent moderation?

Affirmative. If it's legal, it's taxed. :D

Income from illegal activities is also taxable. From IRS.gov:

The IRC, Section 61(a) defines gross income as ". . . all income from whatever source derived." This has been held by the courts to include income earned from illegal activities such as drug trafficking, embezzlement, extortion, healthcare fraud, bankruptcy fraud and numerous other crimes.

Someone revive Dex...

Sure, we could bid on the posts we think are worthwhile.

And then of course have a system where we can charge some people to post the stuff no one wants to read. I like it.

Who'll give me a quarter for this post? Anyone, anyone...Bueller?

Paid by the post? I like it. I have more posts than anyone so far on this thread except Nords, so cough up the $$$, y'all. You can just add it to my regular moderator paycheck. :D

So when do I get my 2 cents for my 2 cents?

Not a bad idea seriously. Maybe there is some way for all the google analytics stuff on here to track whose posts bring in the most traffic? I want my 2 cents for sure. Maybe we can tip the moderators for their benevolent moderation?

Exactly
Google ad revenue
- % to moderators
- % to posters

The criteria could be a waited vote on the quality of the content -
Moderators 50%
Others 50%

There are other benefits to the board and google but I'm saving those for my business plan.

Back
Top Bottom