Social Security number?

davidmicah

Confused about dryer sheets
[FONT=&quot]We have now been living in Vence for 3 months. My husband works for a large IT company.
How do we get hold of our Social Security numbers and Carte Vitale please?
Thanks[/FONT]

I have nothing to offer to the original poster...just wanted to say that I am continually AMAZED at the range and depth of information available on this forum. So many experts, so much good advice -- provided so quickly. Very impressive.

What amazes moi? That individuals don't realize that they can be part of a new breed:

Google Genius

I just read an article that described a new phenom that evidently finally puts pompous people in a defensive mode.

It said, "lawyers suddenly can't impress anyone cause all the answers are now online and that those trying to use forums to seem intellectual are so transparent that even grandmas can spot their google implanted brain."

Darn.

Some of us google better and faster than others. :D I am trying to decide who my ER mentor for "googling" will be. I have the top candidate list narrowed down to 5 now.

Then again, as a lawyer I have seen a fair number of people come up with amazingly off the wall and asinine solutions to problems from their research on the internet. One example I see over and over again is information found through the internet on how to protect assets from creditors. Lots of goofiness out there.

Then again, as a lawyer I have seen a fair number of people come up with amazingly off the wall and asinine solutions to problems from their research on the internet. One example I see over and over again is information found through the internet on how to protect assets from creditors. Lots of goofiness out there.

I don't think one should equate memorization and recitation of facts (or non-facts) with a good college (or professional) education, which you obviously have had. In my opinion, a good college education also teaches problem solving in the context of the entire field of knowledge, and the ability to detect what is BS and what is not.

I have always felt that knowing how and where to find an answer to a question is more important than already knowing and retaining that answer. With internet search that job has become much much easier. Now I feel that being able to differentiate between good and bad answers to a question is more important than knowing how to find the answers easily.

In my opinion, a good college education also teaches problem solving in the context of the entire field of knowledge, and the ability to detect what is BS and what is not.

A bit off topic here, but I would like to see a much higher emphasis on problem solving and BS detection, not just at college level, but grade school, middle school, high school.

I guess 'BS detection' would need to be called 'critical analysis' or something more PC, but actually BS detection might be better - get their attention, no mincing of words - that's part of it right?

My kids were still taught the states and capitals. It's like the litmus test of IQ is whether you know that the Capital of South Dakota is 'Pierre', and the largest city is 'Sioux Falls' (stupid me, I had to wiki it)? Sure, general geographic awareness is important, but I sure think that time could be better spent than on rote.

Problem solving, a bit of basic statistical knowledge - not the deep math side of it, but enough to understand risk/reward and priorities, some basic familiarity with the Pareto Principle....

Man, a little grounding in those topics and the world would be a much better place, IMO.

-ERD50

Outside of this board and Bogleheads, and a couple others, the financial advice is downright scary too.....................:eek::eek::eek:

Financial (and other) information is now relatively cheap and easy to find. Analysis of the information such that one can take reasonable action is the key.

Financial (and other) information is now relatively cheap and easy to find. Analysis of the information such that one can take reasonable action is the key.

i like that

Hey,
If your husband works for a large IT company ...and you are residents here.....so I take it for granted you guys are not like irregular immigrants and he has a regular and normal work contract, I guess his company would have a proper HR department, if not a relocation team, able to help you ??
I am not sure any company can legally employ someone without a NI number so did you check on the salary slip for "numero de securite sociale" ?? on the work contract ?? Anyway if you work legally you pay for the Social Security so you should have a number. I suggests you Social Security Number Search Tools for preference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom