Sony Playstation Vue going away

someguy

Full time employment: Posting here.
Sony Playstation Vue has announced it will discontinue service on January 30, 2020. Guess we'll have to check out YouTube TV as that looks like the most similar replacement option.

Sony Playstation Vue has announced it will discontinue service on January 30, 2020. Guess we'll have to check out YouTube TV as that looks like the most similar replacement option.
We're going to audition YouTube TV and Hulu Live, leaning toward the latter. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but their channel lineups are almost identical.

https://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-now-...v-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

But this is already being discussed in the thread linked above.

I'm trying out Sling Blue with DVR ($30/mo total).
If you don't care about ABC or CBS or plan to use OTA, Sling is a good value. Wouldn't fly in my house.

If you don't care about ABC or CBS or plan to use OTA, Sling is a good value. Wouldn't fly in my house.

Have you investigated the AirTV, which appears to be affiliated with SlingTV and allows you to view and DVR shows from an OTA antenna? Apparently, it integrates this recordings with your regular Sling App and guide, assuming you're on a supported device (Roku, Amazon, Android, iOS per their site). It appears there is no monthly fee (eg, like Tivo has for the OTA guide).

I'm trying out Sling Blue with DVR ($30/mo total).

We have Sling TV with a few add ons. Overall happy with the coverage, but do have some buffering issues from time to time.

We have Sling TV with a few add ons. Overall happy with the coverage, but do have some buffering issues from time to time.

My experience (albeit with Netflix, Amazon Prime, PS Vue and YouTube) is that buffering issues these days are almost always user-side, particularly if the streaming device is connected via WiFi. My stuff is hard-wired and we watch a lot of 4K content and I can't remember the last time I had to wait for buffering.

Back
Top Bottom