Spellcheck- Google toolbar

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I am a notoriously poor speller. I don't exactly know how I got out of grade school as spelling seemed to be an important subject at the time. Perhaps my folks bribed the nuns at the school.

I have had a Google toolbar for a long time, but I only recently noticed that it contains a spellcheck feature that works on this forum and others.

I will no longer have the excuse that the nuns looked the other way back in the 4th grade. All I have to do is remember to run it thru Google.

Unfortunately, it won't catch situations where a wrong word is used, but spelled right...
such as there/their/they're or your/you're.

The nuns needed to help with that.

Spllineg jsut isn't inprotamt. I hvae bteter thgnis to wrory abuot. As lnog as you get the fisrt and lsat leeters crorect, the rset is unamoprtint. :) :) :)

I switched from Outlook Express to Thunderbird mail client two days ago, & a really neat feature is its background spell-check that underlines a misspelled word as you type. Right - click on it & it gives you a menu of possible corrections. Very cool.

It also works when I'm typing a message on this board; I don't know understand how.

mickeyd said:
It's all magic and mirrors. Don't worry about it Bobot.

Not really worried, but who feeds the poor spelling troll inside the monitor:confused:

Back
Top Bottom