White Painter Pants Remember Them

I just wonder, why white?

I have a pair of black jeans for painting. That way when I get Kilz or Swiss Coffee on them I can see it.

I enjoyed my painter's pants and earth shoes. All long gone but could still fit in them if I had them. The only article of clothing that I kept for years was a ballet recital dress from the 8th grade. I used to wear it for Halloween for years. I did part with it before I moved three years ago. I did keep my mom's "fit and flare" dress that fits, just in case I need to go to a party as June Cleaver. :)

I just wonder, why white?

I have a pair of black jeans for painting. That way when I get Kilz or Swiss Coffee on them I can see it.

That is an interesting question, why do painters wear white pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Painters pants in white and in blue denim were both such a thing back in the day!! I loved mine!

My paternal Grandfather & his brother were both professional painters & were well known in our small town as the best around. My dad helped them thru his high school years. After graduation he and my mother got married just before he went into the Army. After he returned from Korea he opened up his welding shop in addition to continueing to help them paint. They would all wear the painters pants while working, then dad would always wear his Engineers boots when he was doing welding, or riding his Harley.

Several years ago, we had a sale of my parent home and all belongings. In a cedar chest I had somethings things from my grade school, high school days and early college days. There was a pair of white painter pants from that era of my life. I saved them brought them home and place in a container to cut up and use as rags in the garage.

A few days ago, I needed some rags to cut up and pulled those treasured white vintage painter pants out to cut up. I decided to try them on, and they fit great. Lol

So, this morning I wore them since it was about 50 degrees to cut the lawn. I think I will keep them around for the yard and such now, they bring back some memories of crazy times.

Anyone remembers them or have you worn something from the early days of your life at the present time?

When my Father passed - I dug a 1945 Navy Pea Coat out of Moth Balls and wore in in winter's for 25ish years.

Heh heh heh - :greetings10:

When my Father passed - I dug a 1945 Navy Pea Coat out of Moth Balls and wore in in winter's for 25ish years.

A room mate in the 80's had one. Thickest wool I have ever seen, maybe 1/2" thick. It was warm in sub zero temps! :)

A room mate in the 80's had one. Thickest wool I have ever seen, maybe 1/2" thick. It was warm in sub zero temps! :)

Got a kid's sized pea coat from my Uncle who was a Chief in the Navy. I finally outgrew it and it looked as good as when I first got it. I loved the buttons with the Navy anchor symbol.

Returning you now...

I had a pair of white painter pants that I wore in 9th grade. I thought they were cool back then.

They don't make them like they use too. The quality of the wool in those coats are long gone from what you can get today.

I wear wool pants in winter here as an outer layer. It is very hard to find them and when you the quality is poor.

I had a pair of those white painters pants!

Now I only wear knits.

My wife got me some previously owned scrubs. They are very comfortable for around the house. I had her get more.

Back
Top Bottom