White Painter Pants Remember Them

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Several years ago, we had a sale of my parent home and all belongings. In a cedar chest I had somethings things from my grade school, high school days and early college days. There was a pair of white painter pants from that era of my life. I saved them brought them home and place in a container to cut up and use as rags in the garage.

A few days ago, I needed some rags to cut up and pulled those treasured white vintage painter pants out to cut up. I decided to try them on, and they fit great. Lol

So, this morning I wore them since it was about 50 degrees to cut the lawn. I think I will keep them around for the yard and such now, they bring back some memories of crazy times.

Anyone remembers them or have you worn something from the early days of your life at the present time?

Several years ago, we had a sale of my parent home and all belongings. In a cedar chest I had somethings things from my grade school, high school days and early college days. There was a pair of white painter pants from that era of my life. I saved them brought them home and place in a container to cut up and use as rags in the garage.

A few days ago, I needed some rags to cut up and pulled those treasured white vintage painter pants out to cut up. I decided to try them on, and they fit great. Lol

So, this morning I wore them since it was about 50 degrees to cut the lawn. I think I will keep them around for the yard and such now, they bring back some memories of crazy times.

Anyone remembers them or have you worn something from the early days of your life at the present time?

I do remember the white painters pants. While I never wore them, I did admire the way they fit on young ladies when they wore them.

I remember the white painter pants with the loops and pockets on the sides. I had a pair as a teen, and also a pair of white swabbies with the big bell bottoms.

I wish I'd saved just one pair of pants from those days to see if they'd still fit.

Oh, the bell bottoms!
And the mini, midi dresses.
Big wedge shoes
And all that 100% hot, polyester in all the wild designs:facepalm:

My first job, in high school and summers in college, was at a small family run dry goods store. We sold painter’s pants, seafarer jeans, Dickies slacks (we called them janitor’s pants until they became fashionable), bib overalls, etc. What a blast from the past!

Yes, DF wore them for painting.

As a teenager, I wore a modification of - as one of my fashion choices.

Last edited:
Oh, the bell bottoms!
Big wedge shoes

Tube tops on women was another "admirable" fashion choice.

Our painters still wear them. I've two sets of painter's overalls that don't fit me that I took from the attic of an old house we spruced up. Couldn't just throw them away.. I'd guess they're 1960 era.

Oh, the bell bottoms!
Big wedge shoes

And the "Waffle Stomper" hiking boots. My junior high had a Lumberjack Day every year, and we'd all wear our Waffle Stompers, Levis, and plaid flannel shirts, looking very grunge way back in the 70s.

I don’t have many things in my possession older than ten years. That comes from decluttering every time we moved.
In high school for me it was denim jackets, Levi shirts, tight jeans on everybody and suede Sun Backer shoes or Hush Puppy desert boots. In summer, gym shorts, high white tube socks and t shirts with stupid sayings on them.

Doesn't surprise me you can still get them. I also have seen painters wearing them.

The fade for young people to wear them even if they never knew what a paint can or brush liked like. A fade at the time and was a cool thing to wear, I guess. Lol

I don’t have many things in my possession older than ten years. That comes from decluttering every time we moved.
In high school for me it was denim jackets, Levi shirts, tight jeans on everybody and suede Sun Backer shoes or Hush Puppy desert boots. In summer, gym shorts, high white tube socks and t shirts with stupid sayings on them.
I wore the painters pants. I still have my vintage Levis denim jacket.

street, I am impressed. I do not fit anything from that vintage.:blush: You have obviously kept in shape over the years.

street, I am impressed. I do not fit anything from that vintage.:blush: You have obviously kept in shape over the years.

I weigh the exact same weight as a I did as a senior in HS. Things have moved around a bit, but the weight is the same.:LOL:

I might not be in shape, but I am the same weight as I was in HS. Lol

I might not be in shape, but I am the same weight as I was in HS. Lol

Some guys have a six pack. I've got a pony keg.

I remember saving my money as a teen to get a pair of painter pants.
No way I could fit into them today!

I have a buddie who is a retired painter. He still wears them, when he paints.

I am pretty sure he never considered them "fashionable", just practical

Back
Top Bottom