Staples 'easy rebate'?

Den26

Dryer sheet wannabe
I bought a shredder from Staples 3 months ago, and did their 'easy-rebate' online, following their instructions exactly, and got e-mail confirmation that it was in process. Last month, I e-mailed Staples about my rebate, and they said they have no record of it. So they took all my info over the phone, and said it would be processed within 15 more days. Needless to say, a month later, still no rebate. It's only $20, but who else is having a problem like this? I thought Staples was a reputable company. Any thoughts, before I write them off, as just another lousy, cheating outfit?

I've used their easy rebate program several times with no problem. Good luck. I recommend you document your communications with them and keep bumping things up the chain.

I used the easy rebate on a photo printer . The rebate took a long time to come so I complained . They sent me an additional rebate . With all the rebates and the sale price I got the printer for free .

I long ago gave up on rebates and ignore such offers. They almost always seem to find some reason to avoid paying it. They could more easily just lower the price and spare everyone the paperwork. But I guess then they wouldn't have your marketing information to sell to all the data brokers.

Back
Top Bottom