Starbucks Doesn't Get It

Our local Starbucks doesn't offer free WiFi, but they showed me where to sit so that my laptop could pick up the signal from the Seattle's Best across the parking lot...

That could be a big part of their new customer relations program! I've only gone to Starbucks once - to use their WiFi, but left when I found that it wasnt free. Went to Panerra Bread instead.

2. All these stupid drinks. 90% of the time I'm in starbucks I order a venti drip coffee. The other 10% I will have a latte or espresso. I can't stand going into the shop and being stuck behind all these teenage girls ordering drinks with 10 different variations. It sounds stupid, and it takes away from the experience for the other customers. It's even more disgusting to see a grown man order a venti half calf carmel frappucino with extra whip cream and sprinkles. He's probably the kind of guy who goes to a sports bar with his friends and orders a pina colada.

Great point above. They've made ordering coffee as stuffy and snobby as ordering wine - and in the process, hooked America on paying $4 a cup.

I see people in Starbucks noticably anxious on "what to order" - to pay $4 to be anxious over a stupid drink is boggling.

The combination of "menu explosion" and "mass market volume" has lead to poor service.

I go to Hampton Inns midday for a great coffee, peace, and free internet. Just show Hilton Honors card - don't need to be staying there. I stay at Hamptons over 75 nights/year for work, so I don't feel guilty...

Probably not a fair test, but I have only tried SB twice and those were at interstate rest stops. Dumped the last half of the coffee both times. I like plain black coffee, theirs is to bitter for my taste. I only gave them the second chance because I thought the first was a fluke. I do like MD and DD coffee. Tim Horton is good to.

Jeb

Hey man, theres nothing wrong with dunking bacon in your coffee.

Works both ways, a little smoke and salt in your coffee tastes pretty good. Ask anyone who has ever been in the navy...

Jeb - Most of the taste tests I've seen say that starbucks coffee sucks when it isnt loaded with milk and sugar, but a lot of coffee that tastes good plain suffers from being turned into a sugar and cream delivery unit. Starbucks overroasts their coffees to stand up to a double machiatto frapuccini pumpkin grande quaddro leather mocha treatment.

Hey man, theres nothing wrong with dunking bacon in your coffee.

Works both ways, a little smoke and salt in your coffee tastes pretty good. Ask anyone who has ever been in the navy...

Jeb - Most of the taste tests I've seen say that starbucks coffee sucks when it isnt loaded with milk and sugar, but a lot of coffee that tastes good plain suffers from being turned into a sugar and cream delivery unit. Starbucks overroasts their coffees to stand up to a double machiatto frapuccini pumpkin grande quaddro leather mocha treatment.

I love the taste of Starbucks plain coffee. Everything else tastes weak to me .

I'm paranoid about spilling coffee on my computer, so it's not a good match for me.

I bet a problem for the shop concerning WiFi is that many customers will come in, order one item, and then sit at a table for two hours. I also notice people sitting in their cars outside (with motor running) on their laptop.

Al, I'm shocked you havent cobbled up some sort of tripod attachment with auto-covering ability for a cup of coffee.

Or bring your own little pyramid shaped coffee cup.

On the other hand, that project wouldnt work. There'd be a hole in it somewhere from a prior project... ;)

Absolutely. Especially if it was brewed at 0800 and you're drinking it at 0430. In your "very own" cup that hasn't been washed since you reported aboard two years ago.

Starbucks overroasts their coffees
I love the taste of Starbucks plain coffee. Everything else tastes weak to me .
I think that's called a "dark roast"...

Back
Top Bottom