Success!!!

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
We have EGGS!!!

Finally after 22 weeks, we are getting eggs from the hens! Now I just have to run some electricity back to the hen house so they get enough light to keep laying well.

We are down to 4 old lady chickens. We had 18 at one time. DW keeps them as pets and lets them die of natural causes. Winter is rolling in, so it may be tough for them.

Did you raise them from chicks? We usually buy the pullets or DW goes out and rescues some chickens that were destined for the chopping block.

Did you raise them from chicks? We usually buy the pullets or DW goes out and rescues some chickens that were destined for the chopping block.
Yep, ordered them from Meyer Hatchery in OH. Got three free ones and didn't lose any, so we're currently at 27. Have to admit, it's been fun.

I'll repeat my standing offer, any ER board member is more than welcome to take any of the free range chickens roaming around my house. They may be a little tough to catch, but since they dine on native fruits the eggs are delicious, with hints of Mac Nuts, papaya, guava, and mango.

I'll repeat my standing offer, any ER board member is more than welcome to take any of the free range chickens roaming around my house. They may be a little tough to catch, but since they dine on native fruits the eggs are delicious, with hints of Mac Nuts, papaya, guava, and mango.

i was lucky enough to go to HI twice in my life, and i clearly remember those brilliantly colored free range chickens. i've never seen shimmering greens and blues like that anywhere. a beautiful sight, unless of course you see them 24/7. :rolleyes:
um..do they taste like chicken? :D

Back
Top Bottom