"Temptations"/"Pure Romance" Parties

Okay, Sarah, I'll bite. Did you get the impression that the women at the party had previously bought and used such items? Or do you think they were just buying "to be polite" or to not look like a prude?

My old boss (a woman) at the university invited me to such a party but I didn't go, especially since she was my boss and it felt really awkward.
Well, you can get screwed at the office or...

Any of you entrepreneurial types think there might be a market for a Netflix type operation with these things? Or maybe a rental niche - the old 'try before you buy' concept?
I'd be a little concerned about the implications of intimacy with an electrical appliance having a 90-day warranty. If it's been "reconditioned", what happened to the previous customer?

And above all, you don't know where those things have been!

And above all, you don't know where those things have been!

Actually you can narrow it down to several locations, none of which sound to appealing (at least on a second hand basis).

On the other hand, that obviously doesn't bother some woman. My sister's house was robbed and the main thing that was missing was an adult toy, helped the cops narrow the sex down of the robber.:)

Actually you can narrow it down to several locations, none of which sound to appealing (at least on a second hand basis).

On the other hand, that obviously doesn't bother some woman. My sister's house was robbed and the main thing that was missing was an adult toy, helped the cops narrow the sex down of the robber.:)

Be careful on assumptions.

My friend is a firefighter and EMT. He was on a call once where a guy had his wife's di!d@ stuck in his @nu$. The funny part was the wife had NO idea what was going on even when the EMTs arrived and still had no clue when they left either.

I tell my friend he should write a book or sell his stories to a comedian. He can keep me entertained for hours. His quote is in my signature (the one about other people's stupidity is his own job security).

Be careful on assumptions.

It was the male use of the toys which caused my eww gross reaction to a second hand market.

In my sister case, the robber also stole perfume and costume jewelry, so while a transvestite burglar is possible, a teen girl is most likely.:duh:

I heard of those "temptation" parties for the first time from a friend who lives in Michigan... She didn't particularly enjoy the party as she is fairly conservative. Since selling adult toys is not allowed in AL, I don't think such parties are going on down here, but who knows:confused:

My sweet SIL got invited to one of those special "toy" parties a few years ago. She is a widow and I think her friends wanted to cheer her up. As it turns out, the cheer they presented her with was called the King Tut. She has begged me to rush to her apartment if she should die so that her two adult sons don't find "The King". What is SHOE supposed to do with him!

Okay, Sarah, I'll bite. Did you get the impression that the women at the party had previously bought and used such items? Or do you think they were just buying "to be polite" or to not look like a prude?

Nah, nothing like that. I've been to one of those Pampered Chef parties, and it was exactly like that: dutiful friends buying apple corers and such like. Yuck.

This was a knowledgeable crowd of 20 to 30 somethings that were ready to buy! Everyone was quite enthusiastic as items were passed around and we chased each other around with some of the crazier ones! Very rowdy crowd that included a whole bunch of dietitians, if you can imagine.

Most of us had some limited experience with either the toys or the lotions, and were very interested in, um, handling some of the more exotic offerings just to see what they were. The thing that is the key to these parties is it is okay to check out the merchandise closely. I can just about guarantee that none of the girls in the room would spend time in some creepy sex toy store full of pervy men. The party gave us an opportunity to look at stuff we'd never go to a store to see.

As you all probably know, I'm a pretty conservative gal, but as I've gotten older I've let loose a lot more of my preconceived notions of gentility, and tried to have more fun than I did in my straitlaced 20s. Back then, I would have been horrified to be asked to something so naughty. Now I'm like...bring it! >:D

My sweet SIL got invited to one of those special "toy" parties a few years ago. She is a widow and I think her friends wanted to cheer her up. As it turns out, the cheer they presented her with was called the King Tut. She has begged me to rush to her apartment if she should die so that her two adult sons don't find "The King". What is SHOE supposed to do with him!
ah, made me look it up. i was uninformed about the King Tut until now. >:D
in a rush, i would suggest a deep pot of soil and camouflage it as a cactus. a very neon pink cactus. :D

As you all probably know, I'm a pretty conservative gal, but as I've gotten older I've let loose a lot more of my preconceived notions of gentility, and tried to have more fun than I did in my straitlaced 20s. Back then, I would have been horrified to be asked to something so naughty. Now I'm like...bring it! >:D

There are some advantages to getting older.

Great stories.

She has begged me to rush to her apartment if she should die so that her two adult sons don't find "The King".

Reminds me of the scene in Parenthood (after the power outage).

Nah, nothing like that. I've been to one of those Pampered Chef parties, and it was exactly like that: dutiful friends buying apple corers and such like. Yuck.

This was a knowledgeable crowd of 20 to 30 somethings that were ready to buy! Everyone was quite enthusiastic as items were passed around and we chased each other around with some of the crazier ones! Very rowdy crowd that included a whole bunch of dietitians, if you can imagine.

Most of us had some limited experience with either the toys or the lotions, and were very interested in, um, handling some of the more exotic offerings just to see what they were. The thing that is the key to these parties is it is okay to check out the merchandise closely. I can just about guarantee that none of the girls in the room would spend time in some creepy sex toy store full of pervy men. The party gave us an opportunity to look at stuff we'd never go to a store to see.

So men are pervy if they go to a store to look at "toys" But its perfectly acceptable for women to get together and its not pervy :) Im trying to sort this out and understand it correctly... :2funny:

... the cheer they presented her with was called the King Tut.
Reminds me of the scene in Parenthood (after the power outage).
I'll never look at Steve Martin the same way again, and now I'll have that song running through my head for the rest of the day...

Um, Shoe, you were reading jIMOh's post #29 about the paramedics, right?

Ahhhh, Nords, #29.....well here's another true story along the line of jIMOh's. My son's former girlfriend was studying to be a nurse and interning in the emergency department of the local hospital. A young man about 16 walks in with a golf ball in the strangest of places. Since he was underage, the staff informed him that his parents had to be notified. He begged and pleaded that they not be told butt of course they had to since they carried the insurance on him and it had to be surgically removed. I swear this is true story. Okay now I'll sit here at the keyboard and wait for the wise cracks!

Ahhhh, Nords, #29.....well here's another true story along the line of jIMOh's. My son's former girlfriend was studying to be a nurse and interning in the emergency department of the local hospital. A young man about 16 walks in with a golf ball in the strangest of places. Since he was underage, the staff informed him that his parents had to be notified. He begged and pleaded that they not be told butt of course they had to since they carried the insurance on him and it had to be surgically removed. I swear this is true story. Okay now I'll sit here at the keyboard and wait for the wise cracks!

LOL! Was that intended?:D

the ultimate "hole in one" :eek: story they did not give a prize for or write up in the local paper. >:D

No FIREdreamer, it was unintentional. I guess it was just on my mind! blush blush

I was just watching Jackass 2.5 the other night on FX. The one guy was flying a kite from his butt. Darn kids these days.

So men are pervy if they go to a store to look at "toys" But its perfectly acceptable for women to get together and its not pervy :) Im trying to sort this out and understand it correctly... :2funny:

You know what men I'm talking about...the guys who go to the "adult store" for the movie theatre in the back room. Those guys. Not the run of the mill shoppers, you understand. I'm talking about these guys:
best of craigslist : An Open Letter From Your Local Adult Store Clerk

BTW, the Best of Craigslist might be one of the most alarming yet hilarious places to waste time I've ever discovered, well, besides here. :D

BTW, the Best of Craigslist might be one of the most alarming yet hilarious places to waste time I've ever discovered, well, besides here. :D

Thanks, Sarah, I've bookmarked the best of Craigslist for those times I can't take another finance thread.

Nurse friend told of a guy who came in with a cucumber up his butt. Said he was gardening and he sat down on it by mistake.

My niece just left after the Thanksgiving festivities and the subject of this thread came up. She is a post-op nurse and just took care of a 68 year old man who had surgery to remove a battery powered toothbrush from a place where there are absolutely NO teeth and then last month a twenty year old ruptured his penal inner sanctum with some dry beans that were threaded onto weed-whacker plastic wire. Oh and the battery powered toothbrush was still running. Good thing it wasn't one I saw at Target that plays Hannah Montana songs.

Even though I don't have a penal inner sanctum, I can almost feel the pain! That thought brings tears to my eyes....:eek::eek::eek:

Back
Top Bottom