The "B" Word

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm bored today.

There I said it. :LOL:

I'm under self-imposed house arrest because of a 1st degree sunburn I acquired on Sunday. If I go outside in the brilliant sunshine, it could easily get a lot worse. :nonono: No blisters and I wanna keep it that way.
So like a little kid on a rainy day, I am so bored I am boring myself.
So what better excuse to start a new thread and see just HOW BORED any of us has ever gotten ?
Give us your BORING stories, i.e. "I was (am) SO bored, ......"

Me first...I am SO bored, the highlight of my day was petting my dogs.

Next? ;)

That's a relief, I thought the "B" word might be broke and this would be yet another boring finance thread. I'm not into debtenfreude today. :angel:

I'm bored today.

There I said it. :LOL:

I'm under self-imposed hourse arrest because of a 1st degree sunburn I acquired on Sunday. If I go outside in the brilliant sunshine, it could easily get a lot worse. :nonono: No blisters and I wanna keep it that way.
So like a little kid on a rainy day, I am so bored I am boring myself.
So what better excuse to start a new thread and see just HOW BORED any of us has ever gotten ?
Give us your BORING stories, i.e. "I was (am) SO bored, ......"

Next? ;)
You are not really bored. You are frustratied. If you were really bored you wouldn´t even want to pet your dogs.

Okay, you want to hear boring, I’ll give you boring. My week up until today was very exciting but today is a bit overcast and I’m like, at work, really. Did some online chores and then ordered groceries online, and get this, returned a call to my last employer! Oh, no, will it never end!!! That gives me another item for the to-do list: contact Schwab and re-characterize my Keogh account as an I.R.A. and then re-order my meds, again online. BTW, the chat with former co-worker was very pleasant as was the chat with his wife a couple of days ago. Here’s a boring movie I’m trying to finish in segments: “Vicky Cristina Barcelona.” Always love Woody Allen movies for the music and can’t wait to get to the closing credits music so I can take the DVD to the mailbox and get on with the fun part of the day, outside. I’m only a little over-sunned so can stay out there a while. Too much fun in the sun is definitely a challenge for the REed.

NML, remember the old Shelly Berman recording about buttermilk? If I was any more bored, I would look it up.

Last edited:
Bling.

You can always organize and re-arrange the contents of your bling box.

I don't know bored. If nothing else, from all my travel experiences, there is always some movie in the recesses of my mind, that I can re-play. Much of it brings on a sly smile. I try not to re-play the terrifying ones. Sometimes DW wants to know the details. No I don't tell.:whistle:

I thought the B word rhymed with witch, and that someone had called you that! I was going to tell that person off in no uncertain terms. :2funny:

Bored - - that is the definition of w*rk, is it not? You go there, and either you have to fix somebody else's mess-up, or go to a meeting (snore), or get some very low level training on something that any idiot would already know, or else you just...sit...there... waiting for the next fire to put out.

At work when I get bored, I try ruthlessly culling my files. Maybe you could clean out your closets? :flowers:

To B or not to B

I took another vacation day from w**k today. Being ER could be quite pleasant I think. I slept in until 7:00, listened to Bloomberg, had my shower, went to the hairdresser, met a friend for lunch, hit the gym, came home and called USAA to review things as I am giving more thought to retirement. The adviser kept yakking about the need for LTC insurance(which I ignored). I plan to fund my own care when/if I need it. Had a glass of wine, cooked dinner and am soaking up the AC as it is a very hot day. Co-workers of mine were going into Pittsburgh tonight to hear Chaka Khan at Heinz Hall(remember her?), but I declined as I am going into the city on Saturday for a play. Yeah, could get used to this easily. Maybe I would get bored if I did this everyday but as it is, it's a treat.

There have been times I was so bored the highlight of the day was retrieving the mail from the mailbox.

I think it was about then that I bought the little boat for fishing on the Potomac river.

After thirty-eight years of w*rk, including being crushed under the wheels of numerous lay-offs and plant closings, I'd say that boredom still beats being at w*rk...

2 more "B" words, used in the same sentence...Boring is Beautiful.

When I say I'm bored, it's actually a self-targeted chuckle.
If all I have to "complain" about is being bored once in a while, life eez veddy veddy good. :D

I'm bored today.
I'm under self-imposed house arrest because of a 1st degree sunburn I acquired on Sunday.
You're not bored, you're annoyed that the sunburn was not in the line of duty and due to your own misconduct!

Next? ;)
I used to drive submarines at four knots through assigned waters that were the size of the state of Georgia. Our orders were to disappear for up to 90 days and not be detected by anyone, including our own forces. We carried enough food & movies for that time, although the food wasn't usually the limiting factor.

Picking up any contacts within 20 miles usually meant that you'd turn away and sneak off quietly. If you were in a hurry you'd kick it up to five knots, clenching your white knuckles and hoping that you'd gotten away with it.

So boring was very very good.

Despite that attitude, the odd thing about boring is that it hasn't happened to me yet in over seven years of ER. There's always something to do, or at least something I should be doing...

Back
Top Bottom