The Emerald Mile

Mango1956

Recycles dryer sheets
Reading this book by Kevin Fedarko. It's inspiring me to boat the Grand Canyon by wooden boat (dory) Anybody else done it? It's very expensive, but you can join the lottery with the park service and get a slot. But then you need to get boatmen/women to haul you down the canyon.
In any case, I highly recommend the book. Adventure the likes of which we will probably never see again in this country. Reminds me that we need to go and see this country, the natural beauty, while it's still there. Here's a video to whet the appetite:
The Fastest Ride in History through the Heart of the Grand Canyon - YouTube

We've done this trip twice, but on a large (20 passenger) rubber raft with an outboard motor. Trip takes a week (hiking at scenic spots each day, and camping each night) and is an incredible adventure. Highly recommended!

Or you could do it the way Christopher McCandless did it...put your kayak in a shopping cart and roll it down the hill, hehe. Can't be afraid of a little jail time though. I recommend the movie "Into the Wild", by the way, based on the McCandless story. If you haven't heard of him, watch the movie before googling.

Back
Top Bottom