Things you just don't get !

Now, I definitely get Moe's post above, and I am sure many here also do. :)

On 2nd thought, nah! T-Al's DW has been with him a while. I think she "gets" his way.

Last edited:
Why women can't understand directions from men. Simple things like, right, left, north, south, east and west.

Men never get lost, side tracked on occasion but never lost. We have a built in GPS, it is in our [-]jeans[/-] genes.

We should probably stay away from the area of "things my spouse does that I don't get."

If there is the slightest chance that respective spouses will see the posts, wholeheartedly agree.

That said, I don't get why DW just has to have a glass of iced tea in the car to sip on, and then every hour has to make a stop. What does she think is going to happen to all that fluid?:banghead:

Not a flaw, mind you, just an endearing characteristic.:smitten:

another thing I don't get:

why some people think I'm interested in seeing what apps they've installed on the smart phone. (The novelty has worn off loooong ago).

If there is the slightest chance that respective spouses will see the posts, wholeheartedly agree.

That said, I don't get why DW just has to have a glass of iced tea in the car to sip on, and then every hour has to make a stop. What does she think is going to happen to all that fluid?:banghead:

Not a flaw, mind you, just an endearing characteristic.:smitten:
I think we should invite the spouses on here to tell us what they don't get about our beloved forum members.

Mrs Walt 34 "Honey - for the last time, dinner's on the table."

Walt34 "I'll be right there, but I have to adjust this reflector to get a smoother transition from light to shadow, then there's all the post-processing in Photoshop Elements.......I'm coming, honest I am."

The alternative perspective would be quite interesting. Not that I'm stirring things up of course......:LOL:

I got a dropper bottle of Stevita liquid sweetener. Nowhere on the bottle does it say how many drops are about as sweet as a teaspoon of sugar. I go to their web site, and there's no info there. So I call their info line, and the person answering the phone doesn't know. She says "You just have to decide by taste, but I'll pass along your suggestion."

Is this the twilight zone, or an April fools joke? I don't get it.

Why women can't understand directions from men. Simple things like, right, left, north, south, east and west.

I don't have a problem with right and left, but do have a problem with north, south, east and west.

Baggy sports shorts worn with fishnet tank-tops, white sneakers, and, of course, a baseball cap worn backwards. This is the goofiest look I have seen in years.

Last edited:
. Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne

I can't understand directions from my wife: when driving and I ask her which way to turn, she points left and says, "right".

I don't get when you go to certain stores ( Walmart ,K mart , etc. ) they say "Have a good one ". What exactly are they referring to ?

I don't have a problem with right and left, but do have a problem with north, south, east and west.
I looked up your profile to verify that you are a woman. Yep! My wife is the same way.

I can work with left/right directions, but I navigate a lot better with a mental image of a map, with the North/South orientation in my mind.

What I don't get are people who put signs up on the door to their business that say "Back in 45 minutes." 45 minutes from when?"

I also don't get people who send memos requiring a response (please respond no later than Tuesday), but don't put their name on them, or scribble an illegible signature on the bottom.

I don't get when you go to certain stores ( Walmart ,K mart , etc. ) they say "Have a good one ". What exactly are they referring to ?

I worked in retail a few years back, and my very attractive female manager would sometimes work the register, and she would always say "Have a good one" when the customer was leaving. I never asked her what she meant.

When callers leave a voicemail that says "call me".

In TV sitcoms, the ugly guy's date is always an attractive blonde, and everyone acts like it's normal.

Thing I just don't get - - - Spammers! Why would anybody DO that? Every day every person on the internet is barraged with a multitude of spam e-mails. Have you ever bought something from a spam e-mail? I mean SERIOUSLY. I don't think anybody is that dumb any more. And besides, the spam e-mail titles seem to be competing in the "Most Offensive Title of the Year" contest. And do you ever see ads for a professional spammer, experienced preferred? Are these jobs snapped up so fast they can't even be advertised before they are gone? :LOL:

So anyway, two things I don't get are (1) spammers; and (2) why anybody would send money to a spammer, assuming that even one out of the 7 billion people now alive does.

I'd read a book entitled "Biography of a Spammer" (but not if I had to buy it from a spammer).

Last edited:
And all those 60-something male actors portray guys whose girl friends are about 35 at the most. Get real!

You have obviously never been to Sarasota ,Fl . Most of the older guys have girlfriends or wives that look about 25.

Moemg said:

They are probably referring to "day." That is, "Have a good day."

Regarding spammers, when you send out literally millions of emails, you can make money even with a very low response rate.

And the "back in 45 minutes" is simply written by someone who doesn't think.

Back
Top Bottom