Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
The two topics that can be discussed forever without ever change the mind of the other parties in the discussion are politics and religion.
Good point....let me take this moment to start a new thread for discussion: "God is a Democrat"...Discuss...

Seriously, OP started a similar thread in Rich's Forum....Methinks, he is just here to troll...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

The simple truth is that ideologues of all political stripes maintain positions that defy logic.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Funny stuff.

I am not sure there is much difference between the two parties, once you get past the rhetoric. They both lie tell people what they want to hear and go back on their pledges.

The whole lobby graft process has corrupted the lot of them.

I am an independent and usually vote for the lesser of the two evils. The best of the worst often depends on the line up at the time.

Looks like another dismal line up too.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasGuy View Post
I'm not really sure what the answer is on health care, but I do think it needs to be changed to make access to all people more fair. In the past I've had to purchase an individual health care policy by myself (within the last few years) and was denied coverage from most insurance companies because I had one 2-3 day hospital stay for a bleeding ulcer 12 years ago. I had no related illness prior to that or after that one time occurrance. But the insurance companies now put me in a high risk category and refuse to cover me. It's not a Republican or Democratic issue but a governmental issue...in my opinion, our government allows insurance companies to cherry pick only the best people to give insurance coverage to. They need to change things so access is more fair for individuals buying their own coverage just like it is for people who work for a company (they get covered regardless of pre-existing conditions). I think a few states have actually enacted policy that makes it more fair....why can't our national government do something similar?
Dallas Guy, I thought the insurance companies were legally forbidden to review medical history older than 5 years. If this happened 12 years ago, why would this preclude you from getting coverage?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letj View Post
Dallas Guy, I thought the insurance companies were legally forbidden to review medical history older than 5 years. If this happened 12 years ago, why would this preclude you from getting coverage?

Hey, thanks for telling me that! I didn't know that. Next time I have to apply for individual health care coverage again, I'll try to find out how far back I have to give my medical history. Maybe I've been volunteering this infomation when I didn't have to.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddythebeagle View Post
Good point....let me take this moment to start a new thread for discussion: "God is a Democrat"...Discuss...
See! Even God got fed up and changed parties! It was inevitable!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #27
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I am sure I read this here once-upon-a-time:

A Republican is a Democrat who has been robbed.
A Democrat is a Republican who has spent a night in jail.

(Or is that 'gaol'? Can't quite get the hang of this Canadian spelling.)
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #28
Full time employment: Posting here.

Personally, I think the moderates are the real power in this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurencewill View Post
This thread is not likely to end well.

Some of both lists made me laugh, but most were humorless vitriol distortions. I firmly believe most people believe what they believe sincerely, I can't imagine either side being filled with people rubbing their hands together saying they can't wait do evil...
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #29

Nice at least I didn't start this thread.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Personally, I think the moderates are the real power in this country.
Great, now the moderators have the real power.

Alex you need to use the spell check thingy