This DSLR on Craigslist

Never owned a Pentax, but looked at some reviews. It seems like a good camera, but not a really good camera. The cons I saw were pretty consistent between reviews: Exposures are somewhat off, some features difficult to access and easily understand, and AF is slow (no AF assist).

But, if your photographic needs aren't too demanding, for 300 smacks it's a decent buy. Especially so if this is your first foray into digital SLR.

You can get a Canon 20D body for not much more. In addition to being a better camera there will be many more accessories you can add later.

id stay with cannon or nikon..

im a nikon fan myself

I'm also biased in favor of Nikon DSLR's (and Canon P&S's). At that price point I'd buy a used Nikon D40, you could buy a new one for not much more.

You probably know about it, but this is my favorite source for camera reviews, here's the one you're looking at Pentax *ist DS Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review. Good luck...

i too have a nikon d300, d80 and cannon sd880 point and shoot

i agree d40 with great lenses.... it will perform well and the lenses will hold their value for decades

OK, thanks, good advice. I'll skip this one and think about a Nikon D40.

I have the Pentax *istDL and it's okay, but just okay. That's a higher price than I'd be willing to pay for it. At that price point I'd be thinking Canon.

Back
Top Bottom